Chapter 74

During lunchtime, everyone had the chance to enjoy some extra mochi that I had made, and the general consensus was that red bean was the superior flavor.

When I get the time, I should make some extra smooth red bean paste as well.

What worried me though, was that it seemed as if Lady Catherine was catching on to my change in behavior.

The question is, am I willing to just fully go through with the personality change or will I continue to act spoiled in front of other adults? 

The most likely scenario was that I would just do a complete 180 turnaround with my personality and blame it on hitting my head or something, but I first had to make sure Lady Catherine wouldn't try to poison my food.

It was after dinnertime, and I was sitting in my room, reading, when someone pounded on my door, scaring the crap out of me.

"Who is it!?" I asked, clutching my chest to try and calm my heart.

"It's Lionel!" a voice responded, and he opened the door before I gave permission.

"Rex and Isaac are here too," he added, when they were already in the room.

I stood up from my chair, wondering what was going on, but before I could ask anything Rex already started explaining.

"Apparently the new teacher has been hired already."

"The etiquette teacher? The one you were talking about?"

The three of them nodded seriously.

"How is she bad?" I wondered out loud. "Is she just extra strict?"

"It's bad because she's going to be living with us," Isaac explained to me. "She'll be watching our every move and probably be reporting back to Lady Catherine. Not to mention, I've heard some maids whispering about how she used to whip students with a ruler for making tiny mistakes."

Ouch... I do not want that happening to me!

"When will she begin teaching us?" I asked.

Lionel crossed his arms in annoyance before replying, "Tomorrow! That's why we have to figure out a plan to get her out of here, as soon as possible."

"Why are you three trusting me with this information?"

It feels like they're a lot more familiar with each other than I thought. Were they just pretending to be indifferent towards each other in order to throw off any spies?

"You're the fourth oldest," Rex explained. "And you seem to have really changed. Before, I would have thought it was impossible for us to trust you with anything, but I don't think you are acting. I think you've really become more responsible."

"Yeah," Lionel agreed. "I mean, the fact that you actually apologized to the knights and even joined us for training every morning is still unbelievable to me. I thought you would quit after three minutes."

"We just came here to let you know about the teacher," Isaac interrupted. "We should head back to our rooms now, but just be ready for those lessons, Corvalia."

I nodded in agreement, and ushered them out of my room so I could continue reading in the candlelight.

I guess I better be prepared for formal etiquette lessons. Is she going to stack books on my head as I walk around? Sounds exciting.