Chapter 86

Since I had pretty much the rest of the weekend to myself, I headed right for the kitchen once getting home and started gathering raspberries and lemons to try and make some raspberry sorbet popsicles.

It took a bit of convincing to get Rex to come with me to the kitchen.

"You don't even need me there! Can't you use magic crystals to make the popsicles freeze?"

"At least explain to me where I can find these crystals. I don't even know where to get them!"

Rex went to his room and dumped a pile of glowing rocks into my hands, and my jaw dropped at the amount of shining stones he had just sitting around.

I thanked him profusely, but Rex waved it off, saying that "the stones were lower quality anyways," and that he "just needed a way to get rid of them."

When the molds were delivered later the same day, Henry had graciously left a written mini instruction manual that told me how I would use the magic stones.

First, I thoroughly rinsed and washed the molds out in the sink, then dried them off and placed the magic stones in the holes of the mold.

As the magic slowly cooled the metal of the molds, I brought out a pot again, having to manually mush all of the raspberries since blenders hadn't been invented yet.

I dumped about a basket full of raspberries into the pot, and turned the heat up, adding some squeezed lemon juice for some nice tangy flavors and water to help dilute the mixture. Taking a whisk, I violently started mixing the raspberries, trying to mash them into the smallest chunks possible. After a while, I kept the fire on the lowest setting, just slowly letting the fruit chunks continue to degrade, but not become too thick.

I headed to the library to pick up some random adventure book to read and kill time, but first walked to my room to change into some more comfortable clothes and shoes.

What I would give to have a pair of slippers instead of actual shoes... So much more comfortable.

Back in the kitchen, I turned off the stove and set aside the pot on the counter. I checked the mold and noticed that it was actually covered in a light layer of frost.

I pressed my hand against the metal, surprised to find it freezing cold.

I could definitely figure out a way to change this into a box shape and make a refrigerator or freezer. But that's a job for me in the future.

I grabbed a funnel, carefully pouring the raspberry and lemon mixture into each mold and sticking a fork in to act as a popsicle stick.

Then I sat on the floor, waiting for the popsicles to freeze solid, reading a book titled, I Became the General of the Army by Chance!?

Let's Start A Bakery!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें