4 Lighting the Lamp

Part 4 Lighting the lamp

Arnav could not come out of the scene in which Khushi threw her hair behind to cover her back. It was not just a scene but her CHARACTER. If she was so cautious about her respect, she would never lose it. He wanted to check how she would deal with such a situation. At the same time, he didn't want her to suspect, he was keeping her with him for a purpose.

The next day

Arnav entered AR like a cyclone as usual but his walking speed decreased unusually when he saw the DM Idol on Khushi's desk. Why did he feel like that woman trying to tell him something? Why did she smile at him sarcastically? He walked to his cabin all the way looking at the idol.

Arnav gave the task to Khushi to measure male models. That was kind of QUALITY CHECK. If she won the task, she would lose the challenge. If she lost the task, she would win the challenge. If she stayed as Khushi, she would lose the challenge. She could not win the challenge until she transformed into Arnav Singh Raizada because measuring male models would not be a cup of tea for Khushi Gupta.

Arnav waited for the results. He was fed up when Khushi submitted the measurements. He didn't believe she measured them. So, he asked for the CCTV footage of the measurement hall. Lavanya could not understand what was there in Arnav's mind.

Arnav watched the footage and got to know how Khushi did the measurements successfully. There was a smile on his face. Not that she succeeded in the task and lost the challenge. It was because she saved her respect. He should have gotten angry about it. instead, he felt content. He wondered about it.

Lavanya, who watched his face hated the smile because she didn't like him smiling for someone instead of her. That too, Arnav Singh Raizada who was popular for his arrogance smiled. Why didn't he get angry with Khushi for doing the task tricking him? She could not understand. More to her annoyance, Arnav said,

"Lavanya, SEND Khushi Gupta to my cabin"

He said SEND not BRING.

Lavanya left his cabin irritatingly. She didn't like him giving importance to a simple girl. She sensed a sudden change in Arnav's behavior. He became soft, unlike him. Though he challenged Khushi there was no toughness in that. She sensed it. after all, she was the girl who had the complete list of his likes and dislikes...!

She came downstairs and saw Khushi making a call to the inverter man.

"Hey, Chamkili, ASR is calling you. Go..."

Khushi gulped down. She went to his cabin nervously. She didn't know what was waiting for her in his cabin.

Arnav looked at Khushi rigidly.

"So, you made someone work for you..."

Khushi was horrified. How did he get to know that?

"So... you became like ME"

"whaaat?" she shouted in shock.

"Haann... you used your skills and handled the issue just like me... will you say no?"

"Yes. I will say no" She said bravely.

"oh... really?"

"I used my skills and measured them by adopting a guy as my brother. I'm sure you would not have moved the sentimental card to win the task just like me. So, I didn't become YOU because neither I used power nor did I use the money" she said making him speechless.

Of course, she was not wrong. Arnav would not have used sentiments to win any deal because he didn't have sentiments. He was stunned.

Seeing him tongue-tied, she left his cabin joyfully.