Chapter 37

Even though Sarah had been expecting it, she was still shocked to see Ryan sitting at the burger joint waiting for her when she finally walked in. What was he doing here?

"Hey." Was all Sarah could manage to get out. Why did she feel all shy and awkward suddenly.

Ryan popped up from his seat and hugged her, laying a kiss on before she even knew what was happening. That did not help her feelings of awkwardness at all. "What are you doing here?"

"I was bored at home, missing hanging out with you, asked my cousins if they were using the place over here. Thought we could hang out since it sounds like your family isn't really doing anything anyways. You sounded kind of miserable when we talked."

"So, you are staying in Holland for a bit?" Sarah was still having issues understanding what he was talking about. Ryan totally caught on and started laughing at her...laughing.

"Stop that." Sarah demanded. "Of course I am confused here. You show up out of the blue and expect my mind to catch up that quickly?"

"No. It's just cute that you are so flustered." Ryan paused for a second as the server came over to take their orders. Sarah decided on a swiss and mushroom burger with fries, while Ryan went for some massive SW style burger. Once the server left, he continued, "My parents were getting sick of me moping around the place as well, so they were more than happy for me to run off somewhere else for a bit. I don't know if I will stay the whole week, but I wanted to hang out with you."

"That's sweet, but maybe a bit creepy too. We did just see each other on Friday. Can you not live without me for a week?" Sarah teased, trying to ease her own tensions. She had not realized how much she missed the boy, how texting and chatting on the phone wasn't quite enough really. It made her a bit scared really.

"I could live without you for a week, but I don't really want to or have to." Ryan smiled at her in a way that made her shiver a bit. "Now, I can show you around and share in the adventure."

Sarah's phone vibrated, which made her check the text real quick. It was her sister checking in. Their parents were thinking of going to some tulip museum this afternoon. Sarah texted back that she was grabbing an early lunch and would be home in time.

As they ate, her and Ryan made plans to meet up that evening. He would pick her up down the street from the air B&B and they would go to his cousin's place to watch some shows and chill. While they made plans, Sarah started to worry some. Sure they had hung out together, regularly lately. They had also cuddled and made out at her place and his, but this seemed to be different. She seemed to be thinking about the week in a different light, which kind of put her back into a scared and awkward mindset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tulip museum was pretty cool, except her dad got pissed they were taking too long reading all the exhibits. By the end, he had his mean/angry face and posture going. Luckily, they got him home for a drink before it burst out at them. They had grabbed some pizza to go and were eating at the air B&B. Dad already was on his third beer while watching the news, her mom was moving towards the couch to continue reading the latest romance novel, while Kathy was texting furiously as she finished her slice of pizza.

"How'd it go?" Sarah asked her.

"Huh?"

"Did you end up calling it off with him?" Sarah had to prod further.

"Well..." Kathy hedged some. "I am trying, but he is really trying to say that he can change, that he didn't really know what I wanted from the relationship. It's kind of like, I want to try some more, but also not really." She paused again. "I just don't know really. Will I lose all my friends if we break it off?"