chapter 8

WEI WUXIAN'S POV

"L-lan Zhan..." I met Lan Zhan's burning glare. He is gripping his swords so tight that made me want to ran away. I knew it. I knew this is gon to happen! I wish I didn't agree or talk with Yibo-ge. Now, what's gonna happen?

"Wei Ying, come here." He said with low voice that made me trembled. My heart beats fast as I slowly walks towards him. This is so embarrassing for Yibo-ge to see. I wanted to say no and just hid myself from Yibo-ge's back. To avoid Lan Zhan's glare.

As I get close to him, I winced in pain when he suddenly grab my wrist and held it tightly. I tried to remove it but he was more stronger.

"Why are you with him!" He asked gritting his teeth. His eyes were just on me and I can't dare to met it.

"Lan Zhan... Please let me go first... You are hurting me..." I plead, and I hate it when my eyes started watering. I tried to remove his grip from my wrist but he only holds it tight.

"Wangji. Let go of him, you are hurting your wife."

I look at Lan Zhan with pleading eyes but his eyes were now focus on Lan Yibo. Giving him a death glare and could look like he was about to fight and kill. I held him in his shoulder to get his attention but it didn't work.

"What did you do to my wife!"

My heart skips and told him to stop. I just hope he will stop his possessiveness this time because why not? It is his twin! And they just met yesterday! They didn't even have conversations or catch up things!

"I did nothing wro—"

"Being close with my wife you just met!" Lan Zhan force me to stay behind his back. And now I get the chance to see Lan Yibo. Our eyes met. I immediately gave him a sorry look.

"Listen. You are my twin, but if you lay hands or touch my wife, I won't hesitate to cut your fingers. Know your limit, Lan Yibo. You just met my wife and yet you being close to him like that and without me having around between you two is a disrespectful for me!"

Amd with that, Lan Zhan drag me forcely, away from the water falls. I didn't look back at to where Yibo was left cause I was too ashamed... He didn't deserve that. Why are you having this behavior, Lan Zhan...

"Lan Zhan, Why did you do that! He is your twin! Tell me you didn't mean your words you said back to him?" I said while being drag but he didn't answer me.

We ended up to Jingshi and I was immediately push inside like a criminal who wasn't want to be in the prison. I felt tears started running down my cheeks as I look at him, meeting his golden eyes with full of anger. His eyes were burning and I hate seeing him like this.. is just so scary.

"What did you two doing there?!" He shouted making me flinched. Good thing we had silencing talisman we put around Jingshi.

"We didn't do anything! We just accidentally met there and talk!" I talked back and I was being grab in my arms by his strong hands.

"Talk, my ass! Talking with him being close to you and you didn't even move! Tell me! Are flirting wth him behind my back?!"

I was shock to receive those such bad for my ears. And before I knew, my hand landed on his right cheek that I immediately regret.

"I.. I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Lan Zhan... I-i Didn't m-mean to..." I apologize and covered my mouth as tears keeps rushing down my cheeks and Look at him wirh fear in my eyes. Never in my life dared to slap him or talk back to him...

He touch his right cheek and his eyes landed on me. I see his eyes widen and I don't know what gonna happen after this...

I ran outisde the Jingshi, not wanting to meet his eyes anymore and God knows what might happen if I stayed there with him. I ended up to the meeting room where Lan Qiren sitting peacefully in his position with Lan Xichen playing a guqin beside him.

"Uncle!" I said and went towards them with tears.

NARRATOR'S POV:

Lan Xichen stopped after he heard the panick voice from Wei Wuxian. His eyebrows twitched as soon as he saw the panting Wei Wuxian in front of them with tears. He immediately sat up and went towards him.

"Wei-gongzi, Why are you crying? Did something bad happened?" He asked as he trying to calm Wei Ying from crying. Lan Xichen was worried because Wei Ying acting up scared amd he knows it already the reasons.

"Wei-gongzi, is it Wangji again?"

Wei Ying only cries. Lan Qiren shook his head.

"Wei Wuxian. What did you do this time?" He asked with straight face.

Xichen felt really bad for Wei Wuxian, he knows his Uncle supports his lil brother no matter what he do. Lan Qiren trusted Wangji, he knows Wangji would follow the every rules. As for a Wife duty, Wei Wuxian must have done something wrong.

Before Wei Wuxian could answer, Wangji appeared in the scene with furious face. He walk towards them, his golden eyes turns into a fire while looking at his wife who ran behind his big brother.

"Wei Ying!"

"Wangji! You shouldn't shout him!" Lan Xichen said, covering the trembling Wei Wuxian.

"Xichen." Lan Qiren called and shook his head to him. Xichen took a deep sighed and move away. He knows he can't do anything and help his brother-in-law.

"Wangji, " he sat up from his seat and walk towards them but not so close as where the married couple was, "please tell me, what happened? What did your wife, Wei Wuxian, do this time?" He asked.

This isn't really the first time that Wei Wuxian run to them for help. Wei Wuxian would actually always trying to escape whenever Lan Zhan is furious because of him. Gusu Lan has their own rules for married couples. And Lan Zhan would do everything not to break one of the rules because he will have the punishment. But his wife is always the one who's breaking it. The duty of wife he broke. So Lan Qiren would always take side of his nephew.

"Uncle, I have already told my wife to stay away from Yibo because I have a bad feeling for that man! The way he looks at my wife at the garden, their first met! And now I came back and saw them talking with each other, alone! No one's around but just the two of them! Being close with each other!" Lan Zhan answered gritting his teeth and was shaking.

Lan Xichen eyes widen. He never expect that Yibo would be involved in this situation. Another thing is that Wangji mentioned how he looks at Wei Wuxian... But he can't just believe things easy. He knows Yibo has his playful side. But Wei Wuxian knows his husband's dislikes so why do he still talk with another man? It's his fault. He shook his head and sighed.

He then looked at trembling Wei Wuxian and called him.

"Wei Wuxian. Go with your husband. You have to take the punishment for breaking the rules. It is your fault, talking with another man behind your husband is not a duty of a wife and especially you already knows what Wangji's dislikes."

Wei Ying looked at him with wide eyes, he shook his head and shed tears, "No... No, Uncle! It's not my fault! I can explain!"

"Wangji, take your wife and fix this problem. I'll talk to Yibo."

Pardon me for my wrong grammars, spellings, typos.