chapter 10

After the lunch, Lan Qiren had given his two nephews to have the chance to talk with each other. Though, he knows Wangji can't talk much but he can feel it, he can feel how much Wangji wants to talk with his twin or catch up things. He will believe that Yibo will understand this side of his twin and Qiren hopefully he will make Wangji comfortable around him.

At the Hallway, there they was, the twins. They were standing there, facing the ground (-in the series- where Wei Wuxian got his punishment, he got the punishment, kneeling on the ground).

Lan Yibo cleared his throat and spoke, "So... Wangji. How's life?"

"Mnn... Good. How's your life?" He answered. Yibo didn't feel any coldness of Wangji's voice, instead he can hear a little soft voice from him.

Yibo replied, "Ahh... Could be bad and good." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Mnn..." Yibo had enough, and face him.

"Hey, you know what? I would be like really happy to have a good conversation with you. Our first conversation really didn't turn into good one so I was hoping that this is the chance to get the good conversation?"

He look at Wangji who didn't look at him. His smile dropped and he pouted.

"Okay. I understand. Lan Qi—... Uncle told me that you barely talk to people. I'm not surprised." He then look back at the ground. Literally they were just looking at the ground. An empty ground without plants or grass on it.

The atmosphere was filled with silent. But Wangji deep inside, felt really bad and was cursing himself for not good at communicating. And especially it's his twin. Didn't he said to spend his time with his twin now that he had finally see him?

"So—how was your life... living there? Uncle told me you lived with Wang clan. I heard about that clan before... If I wasn't mistaken, Wang Clan has a lot of talented cultivators."

Yibo who was now looking at Wangji with half eyes widen, he was a little bit surprised to hear those from Wangji. And then again he felt his heart soften. He brushed it off and cleared his throat.

"Great... They had taught me a lot of skills. They raised me well, and they were good to me. They fed me so well and their food is always taste good. And yeah, you aren't wrong about that, Wang Clan has been well-known as unique clan, we have martial arts and some of the people there has practice magic... Yeah, Wang Clan has been my Home."

Lan Zhan's heart clenched after hearing the last sentence. He felt really guilty for breaking the promises. He felt a little hurt and sad knowing that his twin had already have a place he will call 'Home'. Lan Zhan wants him to live here. He wants Yibo to stay here forever and change his mind and will soon call the Gusu a 'Home'. He know he's being too selfish for that but he badly wants to have him by his side and live a happy life together.

"Mnn. They must be a good people." He commented.

"Yeah... How about you? You have changed. Last time I saw you, you were like this." He turned his head to Lan Zhan and then smiled widely, "And then now you were just like," then he drop his smile into a serious expression, "...this."

Lan Zhan's lips twitched a little into smile, and Yibo didn't fail to notice that.

"Uncle Qiren mentioned that you are his favorite student. Your skills have proven a lot and you ranked in top of the highest cultivators." He added. Lan Zhan's heart soften.

"Mnm. I've been good and library has been my favorite place to stay." Lan Zhan answered.

Deep inside, he wants to tell him how he become like that, the reasons why he always puts a stoic face, what did inspire him, how he longer it takes to move on from him, how it longer it takes to calm himself, control himself from crying over him, how he beg his uncle to fetch him.