Prologue ~ The Beginning

"But Daddy! Do you have to go?" A pouty Juliet asked me as she sat on the kitchen counter eating her breakfast

She never liked me going off to work-related things and jumped at any opportunity she got to go with me when she could.

"Unfortunately, I do sweetheart," I ruffled her hair.

"Can I go with you then, Daddy?" she asked hopefully.

"Oh, sweetheart. I wish you could, but Daddy has to go alone. And you know Devin and Dexter are staying home today, so you have all day to spend with them," I tried to coax her.

"But I'll miss you, Daddy," she teared up.

"I know, I will too. But Daddy will be back before you know it," I said, kissing her on her cheek.

"Promise, Daddy?" she asked, holding her pinky finger for me.

"I promise," I said, sealing the promise with a kiss on our pinky fingers.

"Honey, are you ready? You should've left by now." Stella asked, her eyes instantly softening as she stepped into the dining room.

"Oh, sweetie," Stella awed as she picked Juliet up trying her best to provide comfort for her.

Stella knew Julie had a hard time leaving me, and it was difficult for the both of us to see her like this, but what could we do? That's how life is.

"You should go now, you're already late as it is," Stella continued to comfort Julie.

"Okay," I kissed her forehead. "Julie, can I say goodbye to you now, please?" I asked, knowing she'd give me a kiss.

"Bye Bye Daddy," she kissed my cheek.

"Okay, go. You're late," Stella ushered me towards the front door.

"Bye, you two. Have a great day," I said as I stepped out of the house.

"You too," I heard Stella shout as I closed the door behind me.

And off to work I go.

Time skip

After Mase left, Juliet was tired so I put her in her bed to sleep. All that crying must've tired her out.