Chapter 8 ~ Home

I couldn't take the smile off my face as I rose from my bed

Today is the day that Julie is coming back, and I can't wait to meet her.

I entered the kitchen and the smell of bacon engulfed my nostrils.

"Good morning everyone," I smiled after entering the kitchen and went to get a plate out of the cupboard.

Once I got my food on my plate, I sat down and hummed as I ate.

"Why are you so happy?" Lix grinned from beside me.

"I just can't wait to meet her," I smiled, and everyone knew who I was talking about.

"Doesn't change that it's six in the morning," Dex grumbled from across the room and everyone stayed silent.

We all ate our breakfast after that and went to the living room to wait for Cam because he would be driving us to school that day.

"Why are you guys still here? You're supposed to be at school already," Axel asked us and then looked at his watch.

After a few minutes of waiting, we heard a crash upstairs followed by Cam running down the stairs to where we stood in the living room.

"Everyone ready?" he panted.

We all gave each other confused looks, not bothering to answer him.

We then left the house as we should've been on the road by now.

"Bye Ax!" I shouted as I closed the door behind me.

"Goodbye Devin," Ax shouted back.

As we pulled out of the driveway, I still couldn't stop thinking about Julie and what she'd be like.

It's been a couple hours since everyone left for school and I've fed most of the animals already. I just took a quick shower and quickly got changed. I then went outside and climbed into my pickup truck to start driving to the airport.

When I arrived at the airport, it was very quiet so it didn't take me long to get to the gate where they would be arriving.

Mom texted me a couple of minutes after they landed, letting me know that they were waiting for their bags and that they'd almost be there.

After a few minutes of waiting, people started flowing out the arrival gates and I anxiously stood up, trying to see Julie and my parents.

After there was almost nobody coming out from the gates, I started to get more anxious.

But then I saw my mom and dad with a short, petite blond girl standing between them holding my dad's hand and crutches in her other hand.

Everything froze in time as I saw her smiling with my mom. It had been the first time seeing her in several years and I don't know what I'll do if she disappears again.

"Hi," I breathed out. I still cannot believe she's finally back.

"Hi," She smiled.

"Um, I'm Axel, your second eldest brother." I introduced myself.

I took a closer look at her and realised how much she looked like Dad. Sure she had mom's hair and eyes, but she looked like an exact copy of my dad.

We arrived at my truck, and I put their bags in the back and then started driving back to the farm.

A/N ♡

Hi everyone! I know I said that I'd update soon but something did come up. Tests are over and now we're finally going into exams. But I do hope that you enjoyed this short chapter and if you did please vote and comment your thoughts.

 But I do hope that you enjoyed this short chapter and if you did please vote and comment your thoughts