Chapter 9: First Meeting

Your name hurts

Your name hurts

It was 4am in the morning. You must be wondering why I was awake at this hour; well, jetlag. I fell asleep at 12 pm, now I am just opening my eyes. I know I missed lunch and dinner but this time, I am not missing breakfast. 

Right now, I regret not studying for my G1 license. If I had my license, renting a car could probably be my best option but who needs a car when Antonio is here. My personal chaperone. That sounds wrong. 

The poor guy doesn't even say no to me. I mean... he did promise he would always drive me around so... anyways, my stomach was rumbling and that's why I'm up. Texting Antonio was tempting but it was so late. Don't want to bother him at all.

Instead of calling him, I decided to get up from my bed and walk to the kitchen to make me something. The only problem is that I don't have anything. Antonio and I didn't do groceries after he unloaded my suitcases. 

Checking the fridge won't hurt to see. Luckily, the girls showed me how to turn on the counter lights instead of fully turning on the light. I tilted my head in confusion when I saw my name on a sticky note with a note and three plastic bags on the middle shelf.

For Elena, make sure to eat when you wake up. Antonio xoxo

This man. My lips curl at the thought of Antonio not forgetting about me. But the girls don't have their own plastic bags. That's weird. I was about to text Antonio about Camila and Belle's food when the light turned on.

Belle smiled at me when she saw me in front of the fridge. "Hey, you just woke up?" I nodded my head with a hum, "How come I just have food." Belle looked at me and the plastic bags, "oh, we already ate. He also bought us food." She cleared her throat to mock his voice.

"If Elena wakes up and finds out I didn't buy you guys food too, she will slap me." I laughed and shook my head, "He is crazy. I would never. But of course, I will do something to him." With that, we exchanged smiles.

Belle told me that we were going to explore Nanaimo and we're going to eat breakfast outside because our kitchen had nothing at all. We can't do grocery shopping unplanned. We need to talk about what we need and what we don't, to save up money.

"Your friend said they are hiring new people. We could apply and hopefully land a job?" Belle said, the island chair sliding from the floor meaning she is going to sit down. "We could do that. I met him back in Toronto. During my farewell party."

"Ah, make sense."

I started to heat my food while Belle and I got to know each other. Her southern accent is so thick that sometimes understanding her is hard. "I want to start a small business." I said, she was talking about how her parents have a business back in the States.

Bakery to be exact. Her eyes shine as if I just told her something interesting. "Do tell Miss Rivera." I smile and take my food from the microwave and sit beside her. The food Antonio got me is Indian . Garlic Naan, Lamb Karaage and Lamb Biryani. How does he know I love Indian food? Who told him?