Chapter 15: First Date

Her smile had

Her smile had

Stolen my heart

From the stars

I woke up with a headache and by myself. I looked around me to see my door on the floor. I had a dream that I was sleeping on Adi and that he was here as well. I groaned and got up from my bed. I vividly remember what happened other than Jason texting me then a panic attack.

Maybe, just maybe I texted Adi. I checked my phone there it was; I did send him a message and that's the last thing I remember. As I went downstairs, I smelled something good cooking. Camila and Belle were cooking something in the kitchen.

"Good morning." I said, the girls turned around quickly, and they went to hug me tight and I chuckled at them. "You had us worried, El." Belle said, "Us?"

"Yeah! Adi was here the entire night. He didn't leave your side the entire time. We brought food to him every time he felt hungry. The guy didn't leave your side until we told him to sleep on the couch." Camila said, as she jerked her head towards the couch.

So, I wasn't dreaming...

It was real, he slept with me until the girls told him to sleep on the couch comfortably. I looked at the clock and it read 12:13 pm. I walked to him and kneeled beside his face. I didn't wake him or anything; I just stared at him.

The more I look at him, the more I admire him. His hair was falling on his forehead and his mouth was slightly agape. He is softly snoring, and I smiled at him. The entire time, he's been persistent to get to know why; the entire time, I don't know why he wants to get to know me.

He did give me a reason and it's because I am his 'wife'. He said, he wants to get to know his future wife but how can he call someone his future wife when he barely knows me. I don't know how to trust him yet.

I am learning how to, something in me tells me that I should get to know him. If I decide to let him get close to me; I will pray to God about him. Ask for his confirmation and make sure he is sent from God himself and not a counterfeit relationship.

When he gets to know me, I am afraid he will see the way I see myself. I don't want him to know all my flaws. It pushes people away and I don't want to push him away especially if things are going great.

I overthink to the point it ruins my happiness, my sanity and brain. I have trust issues; I don't know what's the truth and fake anymore. 

I got played by Jason once. He said he didn't mind a curvy woman but the next day he tells me that he prefers skinny girls.

You don't know how much that hurts. Getting played by someone when all you wanted was friendship. I am afraid he will be just like him. 

Playing me and hurting me in the process. All I want to do is make a person happy.