𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗.

Play Get You- Daniel Caesar & Kali Uchis 🎶🎧

Jorja's Pov
The weekend arrived sooner than anticipated, and I was thrilled about it since the diner had been unusually busy. I had also begun working extra hours, which was starting to wear me out, but I understood the importance of earning some extra cash.

Earlier, Ebony mentioned that she was planning to hang out with her friends later today and she invited me to join them. Honestly, I've never even laid a finger on a bowling ball, let alone have any clue how to bowl.

The weekend was here, and as usual, I didn't have any plans. So when Ebony mentioned going out with her friends, I was considering tagging along. But I had my doubts. I really wanted to know how many people were going, but I didn't want to bug Ebony by asking. I just hoped they'd treat me well if I joined them.

Feeling a little unsure, I let out a sigh and grabbed my phone from the counter to text Ebony. I thought to myself, Why not give it a shot? It might be fun.

Me: Ebony? I think I want to go with you guys to bowl.

Almost instantly, she replied back to me. It was almost like she were waiting for me to message her. I smiled and read over her message.

Ebony🙀: Really? Are you sure? I don't want to pressure you to go or anything.

As soon as her message came through, my smile vanished, and a frown took its place. I didn't want her to think she was pressuring me. I genuinely wanted to go.

Me: You aren't pressuring me. I want to go.

Ebony🙀: I'll be there in 20.

My eyebrows knitted together, and a wave of panic washed over me. She'll be here in just 20 minutes? I hadn't even started getting ready since I wasn't aware we were going this early. I have no clue what to wear or how to style my hair.

I didn't even react to the part where she practically implied that she knew my address. I figured she must have memorized it from when she gave me a ride from the grocery store the other day.

Inhaling deeply, I rose from the kitchen table and headed towards my closet to select an outfit. Since we were going bowling, I didn't have to worry about wearing something unfamiliar or uncomfortable. After what seemed like an eternity, I settled on a crop varsity jacket, paired with a white top and light jeans.

Glancing at the clock hanging on my wall, I realized that time was running out, and I had little left to do with my hair. Quickly removing my bonnet, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the unruly state of my hair. It served as a reminder that I really needed to book an hair appointment. I keep saying it, but somehow it slips my mind every single time.