𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒.

𝐉𝐨𝐫𝐣𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯It was 8:15, and I had never longed for home so intensely

𝐉𝐨𝐫𝐣𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯
It was 8:15, and I had never longed for home so intensely. As I prepared to close the Diner tonight, I knew I wouldn't leave until around 10 o'clock. My weary feet throbbed, and I yearned for a shower after serving countless meals.

Glancing at the clock, my mind drifted back to Ebony. I knew she was probably on stage right now performing because I had memorized her set times. I felt a pang of sadness when I realized that I wouldn't be able to catch her at the club since I was closing up tonight at the diner, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Apart from witnessing her performance, I missed her in general. Despite our daily phone conversations, I yearned to see her physically. it seemed like I was being clingy, but I didn't care.

I missed Ebony

Sighing, I grabbed a damp rag and began wiping down the tables in the booths. I couldn't fathom why adults wouldn't clean up after themselves and their children. While I understood that it was part of my job to do so, it wouldn't hurt them to have a little decency and decorum, would it?

Sometimes, I can't help but think they do it deliberately.

When the time came for me to muster the courage to leave the restaurant scene, I was definitely going to seize the first opportunity to do so. Even though I had been at the diner for almost three years, I understood that it was time to move on.

Perhaps I would work at an office, a flower shop, or even a daycare. I didn't mind any of those options; I just needed to find something other than a restaurant.

The New Years was rapidly approaching, and in no time, it would be 2018. I craved for a fresh start in every aspect of my life. I aspired to learn to drive, desired to own a car, and possibly even bring home another cat for Penelope to have a sibling. Most of all, I longed to experience all of those things with a specific someone.

Ebony. Ebony. Ebony

Oh, how I adored everything about her. Despite the unfamiliarity of my experiences with Ebony, they felt inherently natural. It didn't take long for me to form a profound attachment to her. Perhaps the absence of family and affection in my life was the cause of this swift attachment, but I wasn't complaining.

After swiftly cleaning all of the booths, I reached into the front pockets of my apron and retrieved my phone to check the time. It now read 8:56, and I realized that it was almost time to head home. As I was about to return my phone to my pocket, it vibrated, catching my attention.

Arching my eyebrow at the sudden notifications, I realized that I had received a text from Ebony. Without hesitation, I quickly dropped the rag on the floor and leaned against the booth with a broad smile on my face. If anyone were here right now, they'd think I was out of my mind.

Letting out a loud gasp, I slapped my mouth with my hand as I opened her message. It was a picture of Ebony wearing her performance attire. Her dark skin glistened, perfectly moisturized. The white two-piece she wore accentuated her wide hips flawlessly.