𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗.

Play In My Head- Ariana Grande🎧🎵

Ebony's Pov
Tomorrow would mark Jorja's 20th birthday and I had the perfect plans in store for her. Despite her insistence on not wanting anything, I found myself unable to resist getting her a little something. It simply wasn't in my character to let the occasion pass without a gesture.

Despite her not being a big fan of birthday parties, I wanted to do something special for her, so I decided to surprise her with a birthday cake adorned with candles. After all, what's a birthday without a cake, right? I carefully picked out the perfect cake, one with her favorite flavor and just the right amount of sweetness.

I had a great idea to take Jorja to a Cat Cafe & Wine Bar that I discovered on TikTok. I thought it would be perfect since she loves cats and doesn't mind a glass of wine. Additionally, I already made reservations so we don't have to worry about finding a spot.

Tomorrow, I really wanted to make things special for her. Not just because I truly care about her, but because she told me this was her first time having someone to celebrate her birthday with. She doesn't have any other friends or family, which surprised me, but I feel honored to be part of her life.

I had planned everything out in my head, visualizing the moment over and over again. We would be at dinner, enjoying a romantic evening, and I would wait for the perfect moment to share my true feelings with her. I hoped that the stars would align, and she would feel the same way about me as I did about her.

As I thought about all the possibilities, my heart raced with excitement and anticipation. I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come, and I prayed that everything would go smoothly. Despite my nerves, I knew that this was the right thing to do, and I was determined to take the leap and tell Jorja how I truly felt.

It's currently 12pm and I'm on my way to meet Jorja. I thought it would be fun to head to the mall and take her on a mini shopping spree and grab some food at the food court, and spend time together until tomorrow on her actual birthday I haven't revealed our final destination for tomorrow to her yet, but I did hint that I had something special planned. The goal is to surprise her when we arrive there.

I slid into my car, settling into the seat. With a swift press of the ignition button, the engine hummed to life, and I embarked on my journey to Jorja's place.

"It's quiet as hell in here," I mumbled under my breath, reaching to engage the radio. Skipping through the stations, I sighed in resignation, realizing the radio's offerings were weak at this early hour.

Lifting my phone from its resting place on my lap, I quickly activated my favorite playlist. As 'In My Head' by Ariana Grande's began to fill the car, I found my head subtly bobbing in time with the rhythm of the song during the drive. "I got a habit of seeing what isn't there," I softly sang, joining in the lyrics.