3.Warm hug

Aayat woke up at her usual time,she felt two arms wrapped around her and a small figure curled around her side.She saw Iti sleeping beside her peacefully snuggling to her side.

What was the fault of this child in all this?

She can't be blamed for anything others did,she was just like her, innocent.

She sighed and decided to get ready for the day.Once she was ready she went downstairs to prepare breakfast for everyone because she was the daughter in law of the family.

She prepared everyone's breakfast but then she realised that her husband and Iti won't be having this breakfast, instead he would have to make it for themselves.It was a Sunday today and that's why he was not up yet,she felt bad for him,he had to prepare all the meals by himself.

But why would he not have meals with everyone??

She decided to go to their room and make breakfast for the two of them so that her husband doesn't has to do it later on.

But what should she make??She thought as she stood against the kitchen counter in their bedroom.

What if she makes something which both of them didn't liked?

She decided to make poha because that's what they both were having the other day.She quickly started the chopping and then started making the poha.

Hriday woke up due to the sound of oil sizzling in the pan,he sat on the couch and opened his eyes and was met with the sight of his wife cooking something,it was 8am in the morning,what was she doing?

He stared at her,she was so concentrated that she didn't even noticed his gaze on her,her hand working so expertly,while her hair tied in a bun and the pallu of her saree tucked around her petite waist.

"Oh"She said once her eyes set on him and she found him already looking at her.

"Aap uth gaye"She said.

"Aap kya kr rahi h?"He asked.

"Hum naashta bana rahe the aapke aur Iti ke liye"She said in a low voice,maybe he won't like what she had done.

"Aapko yeh sab krne ki zarurat nhi h,hum kr lenge"He said and got up from the couch and walked into the bathroom.

She sighed.

He surely didn't liked her doing all these things for him,maybe she should ask him before doing anything from now onwards.

She still prepared the poha because she had started making it and also made the black coffee because she had seen him drinking that the other day.

She set the breakfast in two plates and left the room,maybe she should not bother him much,he married her doesn't means he considers her as his wife,maybe he married her for his family's sake or for the sake of his daughter with the hope that she could have a mother again.

She went downstairs and set the dining table, everyone were late because it was a sunday,she like a good daughter in law set the dining table and served breakfast to everyone.She then had her breakfast with the rest of the family itself minus her husband and his daughter.

She came back into the room after cleaning the dining table,she didn't saw her husband anywhere,she shrugged thinking he might have went somewhere.Iti was also not present in the room.

"Papa woh aunty kon h?"Iti asked and Aayat heard it,that is when she saw the balcony door was open.

They both were sitting in the balcony.

"Woh hamari wife h,humne unse shadi ki h"Her husband said and she felt different when she heard the word wife from his mouth.

"Matlab?"Iti asked innocently.