Part Three

"Did you see this itinerary?" Danny asked you as you yawned the next morning, walking back into the living room after brushing your teeth. There had been an early wake up by room service with coffee and pastries. You watched from the bed as Danny had brought the tray back into the living room, and for a brief moment, you thought you fell in love with the sight of the tall man, curls disheveled and holding an apple danish.

Sitting next to him on the couch, you glanced over his shoulder at his phone screen, watching him scroll through the imported calendar. Monday, today, was low-key, as more people arrived at the vineyard. There was afternoon tea for the bridesmaids after a final dress fitting, while the groomsmen went golfing at a nearby course, and then another dinner at the vineyard restaurant.

"Mike invited me out to golf with the guys today," Danny picked up a note on the tray with the coffee and handed it to you.

"That's really nice." you leaned forward, setting it down after reading it and pouring some coffee into a mug from the fancy carafe. You poured in your cream and sugar, stirring it and taking a long sip. "Do you like golf?"

"I actually love golf." Danny smiled, biting into a danish. "I may have done a little research about the area and was planning on going to play while you were busy with wedding stuff." you set your mug down and reached over, grabbing a danish of your own. As you chewed, you pulled up the itinerary on your own phone, looking through the days.

"Uh, we have a field day??" you asked rhetorically, furrowing your brow. "A campout? Olivia didn't say anything about camping."

"It's just one night, and look, the next day you're at a spa all day getting pampered." Danny mentioned, tapping the side of your phone with his long pinky finger. You did feel a small sense of relief that it would only be one night. "Dang, that massage sounds really nice."

"Mm, hot stones, I cannot wait." you nearly moaned at the idea, your body already feeling a little melty. "What time do you have to be downstairs?"

"'Bout an hour." Danny sipped on his coffee, leaning back in his seat. "Enough time to shower, get dressed and kiss my honey goodbye." you froze for a moment, until the nickname conversation replayed in your head. Then you realized what he said and near-stammered.

"Oh, you want me to go with you down to the lobby?" Shrugging, Danny gave you a small smile.

"You don't have to," he began. "But it may make us look as hopelessly in love as we proclaimed to be last night." you nodded and thought about it. In all your worries, you hadn't realized that you and Danny had shared a kiss already. And in front of Gavin, no less. It felt like it was supposed to happen, once your surprise had worn off. His lips had been warm and soft, the memory of the faint trace of beer on them made you lick your own subconsciously.

"No, that's a good idea." you nodded. "We're still in the honeymoon phase, after all. Do you mind if I go get dressed before you hop in the shower?" Danny shook his head and you got up, going into the bedroom and shutting the doors. You dressed quickly, throwing on a light, soft sweater and some jeans before slipping on a pair of socks and going into the bathroom, running your brush through your hair. The green of your sweater was one of your favorite colors; it made your eyes pop and your skin glow. The color boosted your confidence in a way that gave you a little more bounce in your step as you walked back into the living room.

"Oh, you look nice." Danny complimented when his eyes raised from his phone screen to you. Smiling, you gave a little spin as he stood up and walked closer to you.

"Thanks, I love this sweater." you replied. Danny was close enough now, he reached out, gently pinching the fabric on your upper arm and rubbing it between his fingers, feeling the softness of it. "Olive green is one of my favorite colors." Danny's eyes raised to yours, a tender smirk playing on his lips.