Part Six

"Mm, a little lower," your muffled moan barely made it out from the bed. Large hands worked their way down your spine, a sigh releasing from your body. "Right there, that's the spot."

"Wasn't this the best idea?" Olivia groaned from her own massage table, making you hum in response. "Mike made fun of me for having this after camping but I bet he's jealous."

"I know Danny is," you sighed again when the masseuse began working on your left hip. "I could tell his back was sore after last night." Olivia lifted her head, a sleepy smirk playing on her face.

"Oh? And why is that?" waggling her eyebrows, she rested her chin in her hand and waited for the answer.

"I almost died of hypothermia, that's why." rolling your eyes, you also propped your body up. "If I could've melded together with him, I would have."

"I mean, there were ways to keep warm." Olivia shrugged. "I know I worked up quite a sweat last night."

"I'm so happy for you, Liv." you deadpanned. "I didn't really feel like getting nasty in a tent near my ex." Olivia scoffed.

"They were fighting all night, Mike and I had to hook up to drown it out." she laid back down. "Naomi was maaaaad."

"I have nothing to say," you tried to hide the satisfied smirk on your face, and failed.

"You're allowed to be petty," Olivia said. "Your boyfriend knocked your ex-boyfriend on his ass for tripping you in a dumb flag football game. And he looked hot as fuck when he was angry." Olivia was correct in that, upon your reflection of the previous day. Danny's usual cheery and kind demeanor turning dark and moody had started something in you. You couldn't help but remember how his jaw had clenched as he glared at Gavin after setting you in the camping chair.

He had checked on you at least twice since you'd gotten out of the shower, once through the door, offering to get extra towels so you didn't slip on the steamy tile floors. And a second time as you slipped on some sneakers, as a small wince graced your features. You assured him you were fine, but he made sure to remind you to tell the masseuse it was tender. While his outward demeanor was sweet and tender, you could still see the lingering anger at what and who caused your mild injury.

"He was something, alright." you mused.

"I hope you gave him a good thank you when you got back to the room this morning." Olivia sighed, laying down as her masseuse began working on her shoulders.

"He was thanked incredibly well," you assured Olivia. She continued to prattle and dig details out of you, and you supplied little fibs, playing coy to spare the spa workers in the room any embarrassment.

A few miles away, Danny was looking down into a jewelry case, looking at various necklaces and rings, glittering with different colors and cuts of stones. He wondered for a moment, how that pear cut sapphire pendant would compliment your complexion. Danny imagined presenting it to you, and seeing your face light up, turning quickly so he could put it on you. Lifting up your hair as he brought the delicate chain around your neck, letting the pendant rest against your decolletage as he fastened the clasp. The way you would let your hair fall as soon as it was fastened, turning around to show him how it looked before springing up and kissing him in thanks.

"You ready?" Mike tore him from his thoughts, walking over with a large bag. "I think the guys will really love these watches, thanks for coming with me."

"No problem, it's nice to have something to do while the girls are all together."

"Oh yeah." Mike agreed, looking down at where Danny's vision was occupied. "Ah, thinking of getting a gift for someone special?" Danny chuckled under his breath, realizing that his imagination really did have him considering the necklace. "She does love sapphires, Olivia got her some earrings a few years ago for her birthday, you would've thought it was a check for a million dollars."