𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the unexpected

✧˖*°࿐ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!
❪     in real life    

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!❪     in real life     ❫

⎯⎯⎯  𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

ISABEL SNAPPED PICTURES OF THE STANDS AS SHE WALKED OUT OF THE TUNNEL. It was nearing game time for the lady Hawkeyes, and the crowd had definitely shown up. The bleachers were packed with Iowa fans excited to watch them play their second game of the season. The Virginia Tech fans were blended amongst them, their maroon and orange standing out since the arena was dominated by yellow and gold.

The team began there warm-ups as Isabel took her place in the area behind the goal where the media team always set up. She placed her stuff down by Dara as normal and replaced the lense with the one that took better close up shots. Both Caitlin and Kate asked if she could get closer shots of them warming up, and of course, she agreed.

The camera fluttered as Isabel pressed down on the button, capturing a few motion pictures of Caitlin practicing her 3's. After she drained it, she turned to Isabel holding out her tongue before moving down the arch and shooting again.

"Hey, Issie," Kate called out, holding the ball in her hand at the top of the key. Isabel turned her head towards Kate, letting the camera hand around her neck. "Can you get this shot?"

The girl nodded, signaling for Kate to shoot. As the girl released the ball and as she was just about to capture it, another body knocked hers off balance, making the picture a blurry mess of lights. Isabel lost balance on her left foot and she quickly braced herself for slamming onto the court. But a pair of hands were placed on her waist as they steadied theirself and stopped her from hitting the floor.

Isabel opened her eyes, realizing she was face to face with a player from the opposing team. The girl smiled shyly, "Sorry about that. My teammate clearly overthrew me." Her Australian accent stuck out.

Kate rushed over just as the girl unlatched her hands from Isabel's waist, taking a step back. "Are you okay?" She asked, taking Isabel's hands that were rubbing at the spot on her forehead that had bumped with the girls head into her own gentle ones.

"Yeah, I'm good," Isabel answered, squeezing Kate's hand in reassurance.

"Again, sorry about that. And good luck, Kate," The girl laughed, giving a friendly pat to Kate's shoulder. Isabel sent her a small smile as she turned to jog back over to her team. They all greeted her with small laughs at the bump she had just taken.