𝐱𝐱𝐯. an act

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE!
❪     in real life    

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE!❪     in real life     ❫

⎯⎯⎯ 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

THE BELL TO THE DOOR JINGLED AS KATE PUSHED IT OPEN. After much hesitation, she had decided to follow through with her plans of talking to Allie. She hoped that it was only a friendly conversation and that Allie would own up to her mistake and take full responsibility for it.

Kate was hopeful about it, as Allie had already started going down the right path. After Isabel had woken up, she was shocked to see a text message from an unknown number apologizing about the mess they made. Upon realizing it was Allie, she was furious, and was quick to the block button. However, Kate stopped her and explained what they had been messaging about. Of course, Isabel was still not happy with the girl at all, but she accepted the apology nonetheless.

What took the most convincing was getting Isabel to be okay with Kate and Allie meeting up. Every alarm in her head seemed to go off as she read through the texts. She didn't like the way the girl had to clarify that it would only be a friendly thing. As if Kate had thought it any other way. Or maybe she had.

After much pursuing, Isabel agreed that Kate should have an in person talk with Allie. She didn't want to hate the girl. In fact, Allie had always been kind to Isabel beforehand. Isabel couldn't help but feel kind of bad after truly putting things into perspective. She would've also acted out of anger if her date had kissed another person in the bathroom.

Kate's practice jersey stuck to the material of all the dresses as she walked down the aisle to get to the back. Judi's was the pageant shop Allie had worked at ever since she moved to Iowa City. Allie had explained to Kate that it was very flexible scheduling that allowed the girl not to miss any soccer practices or matches.

"Allie?" Kate yelled through the sea of different color dresses. The woman at the front counter had pointed her towards the back of the store, saying something about Allie working altering shift today.

"Yeah, I'm back here! Just keep walking straight, you'll get out eventually," The girl laughed, her voice getting closer with each step Kate took.

Finally, Kate shoved past the last dress and was greeted to the sight of dressing rooms and a stage with lots of mirrors surrounding it. Allie was tucked away at a table in a corner, a dress in front of her and a needle in between her teeth.

"Careful, Kate. I dropped some safety pins a few minutes ago and haven't had time to pick them up," She warned, flattening out the skirt of the dress before lacing the needle through a piece of the fabric. "Here, sit." The chair on the front side of the table she was sitting at moved forward as she nudged it with her foot.