Prologue

Waiting isn't a gamble, it's not something you do when you're free of fear. It's a part of you, like your strength, your identity.

The choice to wait is like the choice to let go, two sides of a coin.

So what will happen when nights are your company, and the Moon is your confidant, witnessing the birth of two love stories in the midst of a blood thirsty rivalry?

What will happen when messed up pasts meet acts of perfidy and secrets buried deeper than one can think, where two heirs find themselves at loggerheads with their fate, their people as well as their lovers?

Tak, the cultivator of magic and mascot of the ancestors of the island, has chosen their disciples, and war bugles have been blown.

On one side is a shy soldier with another shy soldier, ensuing complicated attraction and an unusual camaraderie, where one confides their woes and the other have secrets of their own. The Mirintak heir and his love(?)

On the other, a gorgeous dancer meets the playful prince of a tribe, with one hiding intentions sharper than swords and other's intentions are plain as a day, or so they say. The Critaka heir and his love(?)

••••••••

“Do you think we'll ever be free of this?”

“I think a lot, and in none of them, does it end well.” Sarthak answered, his penchant for practicality and honesty, both infuriating as ever.
“Do you think there's a future for us after this, if we survive?” Kamal asked, his innocence seeping through, like always, despite his aggressive fighting style and his competitive spirit.
“That's a really big if, Kamal. If there's such a future, we'll always be best friends.”
“Best friends.”
“Bestest. Forever”

••••••••

“Oh, the misery of it. You chose to fall, yet not in my arms.”
“The only fantasy of mine regarding your arms is decapitating them, Prince Ujjawal.”
“You wound me, O Mrignayani.”
(Mrignayani- Doe-Eyed, an adjective for someone with beautiful eyes, a wordplay on the name Sunaina, which means beautiful eyes.)

•••••••••

Welcome to the islands of Tak, where 4 + 1 tribes duke it out for the rule of the Island, where betrayal runs deeper in the ground than the roots of trees.
When you realise that everything you have ever known was a lie to begin with, would you still fall in love, or worse yet, would you still choose to wait?

~~~~~~~
Prologue Word Count- 401
Total Word Count- 401

°°°°°°°°°°

This is my ONC entry for Prompt #14

My Love,
believe me,
waiting for you has always been a form of freedom.

-Alexandra Vasiliu

Please read, comment, vote and if you like it, please share it and show your support to my story "MOON".
P.S. This is my first ONC ever.

© All Rights Reserved.