ROMANCE SUBGENRE [ Paranormal romance ]

Paranormal romance incorporates elements of fantasy or the supernatural. It typically revolves around romantic relationships between humans and otherworldly creatures like vampires, werewolves, ghosts, witches, or angels. The stories often feature intricate world-building, complex plotlines, and vivid descriptions of the supernatural creatures and their abilities. The genre has gained popularity since the early 2000s, with many authors exploring the themes of love, desire, and mortality through the lens of the paranormal.

❤️ Sample blurb of a paranormal romance novel: The Wolf King by Lauren Palphreyman.

Princess Aurora longs to escape the castle and the marriage that has been arranged for her.

Then, on the night before her wedding, she spares the life of a young wolf, which puts her on the radar of the powerful alpha who was going to kill him. The alpha kidnaps her and takes her to the rugged lands north of the border—believing that she is the key to winning the war against the humans. As they spend time together, forbidden attraction starts to grow, and Aurora learns that not all wolves are bad. But now she is in danger from both sides—wolf and human. Will Aurora ever get home? Does she even want to?