10 | get up, barbie.

continued...
                                - billie's pov -

"what do you mean she just gave the spot to you?" i asked tatum, confused as ever.

"she said something came up," she shrugged. "im sorry."

i looked down, my feelings kind of hurt. saylor and i just talked yesterday. maybe she feels some type of way about how distant i've been?

like idk, i had to stay away for a bit to get my mind right. i was sooo hurt and i had to get that in check since i have a literal boyfriend. and on top of that, i also just can't have her so i needed to distance to help me get over her.

not that it worked.

but like, i was gonna make sure we had a great time tonight to make up for all of that.

i bet she's blowing me off for her bitch.

-

tatum and i went ahead and went to the premiere. tatum received the full glam prep that i had for saylor. and i assured tatum that i was happy to have her, but she knew i was bummed because i think saylor is intentionally trying to stay away from me.

the premiere was still really cool and fun and it was actually really nice to spend it with my best friend. tate deserved a great night like this. and she definitely loved the song.

we were at the after party when tate got a call and needed to step out of the room. she came back and told me that she was getting called in to work and that she had to go.

i totally understood. plus i was basically ready to go anyway so it was fine. we said our goodbyes to people and dipped.

we made it to tatum's and she quickly ran into her bedroom to go change into her scrubs.

i just sat at the kitchen island, being bummed again.

tate soon came out and rubbed my shoulder. "it's okay, b."

"can i just stay here a bit longer?" i asked her. "im just not ready to go home yet."

she poked her lip out in sadness. "you can stay as long as you want, you know that."

she kissed the side of my head, hugged me, told me she loved me, and she left.

i then went in her room and got some comfy sweats to change into. after that, i grabbed a blanket, sat on the couch, chose a movie, and relaxed.

                               - saylor's pov -

it's been hours of paige and i going back and forth. it may seem wild but it's definitely possible to argue for hours.

and during it, she has grabbed another beer from the fridge to drown herself in.

anyway, it was a bit calm now which means absolutely nothing.

we were just both tired of screaming.

paige had finished her beer and slammed the bottle down on the island.

i rolled my eyes. "i think i should just go stay at tatum's for the night."

"oh hell no," she said. "you think you're sooo slick."

"what?" i asked in confusion.

so remember when i said she was mad at me? last night, i came home past midnight. when i got here, paige was already in bed sleep. so this morning, she woke up questioning where i was and all that.

when i told her that i had just been ice skating at the rink, she didn't believe me.. of course.

"you wanna go sneak out again and be with billie all night-"