20 - Rearrangements

Cleo

Since I met the Chief of the Police, I knew this man was used to getting what he wanted, how he wanted it, when he wanted it. And this could be good in our field of work. He was getting a lot of money to update our cars, uniforms, weapons, and everything we needed in order to do our job safely and efficiently. But I guess he was the same man at home and I couldn't say this was good. The idea he could control his own daughter and who she meets, talks to, and all the others stuff, was absurd. Especially when his kid wasn't kid anymore, she was a grown-up woman. The whole idea that he was ready to leave his own child on the street because she didn't follow his strict lines and expectations were making me angry on her behalf. I was ready to endure anything he decided to throw at me, but never in a million years, I expected him to act like that with Hannah.

"So, you know you are staying here, right?"

"Cleo, I really appreciate it, but it's too s..."

"Don't even finish that sentence. It's the perfect time. What better way to see if what we have is good or not. Living with someone you start seeing his bad habits and it's the perfect way to see if you could deal with them or there are too much to handle."

"You have a lot of bad habits?"

"I'm not very good with doing my laundry..."

"I can deal with that..."

"You sure? When you see all of my socks all around the house, I think you'll change your mind."

"Do you have a lot of them?"

"Like I said, I'm not good with doing my laundry, sooo when I need a clean pair of socks, I usually just buy one..."

"Are you serious?! You don't even wash them after you bought them?"

"Well, they are just socks!" The absolute shock on her face after my confession was priceless. "C'mon, let's get your things inside..."

"You are so not touching these boxes..."

"What the hell, why?" She looked down, and I followed her gaze to my arm in purple cast. "Ahh, it's nothing, I can work with it." One of her eyebrows shot up in a sign, and her eyes moved down my body to my tight.

"You are not putting more pressure on your leg. It's bad enough that you are here without your crutches."

"Oh, c'mon. I'm perfectly fine."

"No, you are not. Your body needs more time to fully recover, and the way you are acting isn't helping it." I knew she was right, but I could deal with a few boxes. Especially since I knew she was the only one putting them in her car. They couldn't be very heavy.

"Okay, fine, I won't touch them. But you'll let one of my teammates come and help with them." She opened her mouth to disagree with me, but I quickly stopped her. "Nope, you are going to wait for them, or I'm helping with the boxes myself. Your choice."

"You are such a pain in the ass." She turned around and walked in the direction of my house.

"I could be if you are game! I'm all for expanding my horizons and experiences in the bedroom." That made her stop in her tracks.

"You can delete that idea of your mind right about now. It's not happening."

"You sure? It could be an interesting experience..."

"Then let's change our roles..."

"Hmm, it sounds tempting... But I think I'll need your personal experience and thoughts on it before we try the reverse method." I could see her getting angry by the seconds. It was so easy to make her frustrated, and I'm happy that I managed to change her thoughts from her father to something different, even if that made her angry at me.