Pained Reunion

Existing was easy when you lived in the dark.

Seriously- Bracelety knew. She spent so much time in that massive, metal box, that she had begun to lose that drive of hers- the one that guided her daily routines. Clueless about the events that unfolded outside, life began to feel boring- an emptiness that made the rubber bracelet bored of, what should have been, something jubilant.

There was nothing. And with nothing, she did not live- she was merely existing.

At least, until she heard that voice.

Such a soft, and gentle voice- Bracelety couldn't help but try and investigate who had been on the opposite side of the wall that day. And boy, she did not regret it one bit.

Getting to know Ice Cube sparked that passion back into Bracelety, her heart beating with the admiration she had for her. There was so much to Ice Cube, so much that led the currents of love directly into Bracelety's heart. And despite the situation that she found herself in, she promised Icy that she would be there for her, no matter what.

The walls of the TLC may have separated their physical forms, but their souls had united as one, intertwining with the melody that came from their enamored heartbeats.

But they day she stopped hearing Icy, was the day that the melody had been lost.

What followed was the endless attempts at breaking free from the prison that held them. And when Icy's friend- Bubble, was it?- also stopped speaking, the confusion that hung over them morphed into a crushing panic, and unruly anger.

With her drive now restored, and her passion blazing through her soul, Bracelety spent months to break free; to find that missing melody of her lover, and keep her safe.

And they did. They broke free- escaping into the city which had been abandoned once more. The sunlight replenished their aching bodies, and that familiar autumn breeze was the gentle reminder of their newfound freedom.

At least, for everyone except Fanny and Bracelety. The two immediately tried to search for their missing lovers, with the others quickly joining in their efforts. Hours turned to days as they realized that they had a large region to search and cover through.

Yet, it all came to an end when that garden was found.

It was Bracelety who stumbled onto the path, with the dirt road calling to her as it snaked through the trees. A part of her didn't want to go, but that call.... It was too powerful for her to try and ignore. She had to see what was at the end of this road.

To this day, the others still couldn't recall her reaction. Especially when the hands had come into her line of sight.

With that, their search had ended. The two found the woman that they had searched oh so desperately for, but... not in the way that they had hoped.

Bracelety knew that her fateful conversation with Icy would result in a coup de foudre, one that would bloom as they would finally reunite in the garden, that was, their relationship.

She never imagined she'd see her lover dead, holding her lifeless face when she had always dreamed of cradling her, and feeling the gentle beats of her heart.

She saw her cadaver before she could even see her eyes for the first time.

It destroyed her; a piece of her soul nearly died that day.

But as she saw Ice Cube's name blinking on the screen, she could barely contain the concern, anxiety and joy that buzzed in her mind. She could feel the heavy palpitations of her heart as Tennis Ball activated the recovery machine.