Can You See Me Now?

"Book?!"

The sound of Ruby's voice permeates through the clubhouse. What should have been a peaceful morning, has taken a nosedive into unbridled chaos.

Zelatonin-induced nightmares plagued the city the previous night, and as a result, hallucinations haunted the minds of both old and new faces alike. The screams of their loved ones prevented them from a good night's rest.

Needless to say, Ruby was one of the affected. Memories of that dreadful day rewound like a broken record, with Flower's dying body reappearing into view.

But as quickly as it started, it came to an end. Abrupt, too. All it took was a few good blinks, and the next thing she knew, Ruby was staring at the unconscious body of one of her teammates.

Could she even call Bubble a teammate anymore? After discovering what she did to Book all those months ago, Ruby grew quite discomforted by the soap bubble's presence.

Well- she was told to. Pencil and Match did get really angry when they found o-

No no- that shouldn't matter now. Book ran out hours ago- and she hasn't returned home.

"Book?? Are you home?!" Ruby called, worriedly making her way through the hall. One faint shuffle, and Flower's head poked from the doorframe, shaking her head ever so slightly.

"She isn't here," she said. "I haven't found her anywhere next door- a-and I don't think she came back after yesterday..!"

Although Ruby was familiarized with this kind of scenario, she couldn't succumb to the fear. How could she? It wouldn't help her in any effort she'd try and make- if anything was going to get done, Ruby had to proceed with tranquility.

"Okay." The gemstone walked over, taking her lover's hand. "W-We- we just have to look around. Maybe she went off for a walk?"

"That could be the case," Flower reassured her. "She loved taking walks- don't you remember?"

"Yeah, but she's been gone all NIGHT! How are we-"

"Where's Bubble."

A voice broke the nervous couple away from their conversation, and Fanny stepped into the room. Her face was gaunt, and although she had seemingly just woken up, she was already on the edge of her anger.

"Where. Is. Bubble," she demanded, her plug tail flicking from her tone. Ruby stared at her, unsure of what she could say. What she should say. Unlike her partner, Fanny was similar to that of a ticking time-

Wait, Ruby winced. No. No reminders.

Angrily, Fanny stomped towards the two and all remain silent, their eyes narrowing towards one another. The electrical fan took her time staring into the snake-like eyes of Flower, but the taller stared with a scowl, searching for any possible way to get her to leave.

"We don't know where she is, thank you," the blossom replied. "Now, if you'll excuse us- we have a more IMPORTANT issue to deal with."

"WHAT KIND OF ISSUE?" Bracelety yawned, walking around the three with Ice Cube by her side. "WHAT'S GOING ON..?"

Somehow, the situation has graced the group with some kind of miracle; for none of the three lash out towards the familiar blue bracelet. Instead, Flower turned towards her direction, answering her with a snappy tone.

"Book hasn't come home- she's been gone all NIGHT."

Just a mere sentence, and Ice Cube's heart sunk into her stomach. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the worried sense that clung at the center of her chest. "Didn't she take a walk after everything..?" she asked through her exhaustion.