Sincerely,

Dear Pin,

I have to keep reminding myself about your absence from the city. Every time I wake up, I'm reaching for you, but you're not there- and my heart breaks all over again.

̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶s̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶

Who knew that things would switch like this; Leafy being welcomed back into the group, back into society, and you... somewhere in the forest. I mean, things aren't perfect- a lot of people are still giving her a stink-eye, even after she tried to fight for us. Crazy, right?

Some people are just hard to get through...

When we first moved to Yoyle City, I was over the moon when you told me you wanted to start a garden. Perhaps it was that co-captain chivalry that made me happy for you. Or maybe it was my own denial about my growing feelings towards you.

Whichever the case, I can still remember the way your face glowed once I expressed that excitement. I remember you telling me how nobody bothered to listen to your gardening talks, or your random knowledge dumps about Yoyle Biology. To this day, that still makes me laugh- I could listen to your facts about seeds all day.

But when you mentioned your garden, your first garden that you'd ever share with the rest of us, I knew that our future held so many possibilities for the both of us. No matter what or who came our way, we'd stick together as a team, making the best out of what we had.

You let me stay as I watched you work. Finding the right seeds, finding the right spot. That original garden in your backyard wasn't enough, and you got so frustrated at the dying plants, when, in reality... the buildings blocked the sun itself.

I thought it was beautiful. It sounds crazy. But I did. Every single garden you've mentioned and made held a special place in my heart. And when you gushed about the one garden that was finally able to bloom, it was all blown out of the water.

I used to love your garden.

It reminded me of you- I could see your passion and hard work in every tulip and dandelion that grew from the ground.

But no matter how hard I tried, I could never understand why you mired it with the blood of your own friends.

My friends.

Can you hear their screams? Wherever you are?

Can you hear mine?

I hope the food I bring is enough for you.

L̶o̶v̶e̶ Sincerely,

Coiny