E

{Little note from the author, I want to clear some confusion you guys may have. So, in my story, the smiling critters aren't creations of Playtime Co. They are actually living things outside of the factory... So pretty much, they are just captured...}

8/3/1995... 1006 is now learning more and more about how humans act, human language. The creature is literally learning proper English. It's scary, to think that this abomination that we have created, is now learning our every move. We can't let it learn any more, or this factory... this city... everything that is here... We can't let it throw everything into the garbage...

DogDay POV:

Me and Cat get ready for work, as we walk down the hill. "We have to eat something before heading to work." I tell Cat, and he agrees. "Come on, I'll make us some food." I tell him, smiling.

We walk into my house, and head to the kitchen. "This place is clean. Smells like Vanilla." CatNap says. "Why thank you, I never really noticed the scent... I guess it might be because I smell like vanilla. My parents always said I did, but I can't smell it myself." I state to CatNap.

Cat comes up to me, and sniffs my fur, "Yep, you sure smell like vanilla... It's strong too." Cat says, coughing a tiny bit because of the strong scent that is apparently coming from me.

"Well, is it bad though?" I ask him, "No, no. It smells really good, just strong, that's all." Cat says.

I begin to make some pancakes, not really feeling Cookie Crisp as of now. At least I know how to make Pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

Once the breakfast is finished, I lift up the pan off of the stove, and place it down on the table. I get some plates out of the cupboards. "Eat up, eat as much as you want!" I say, smiling to Cat, "Uh, sure... I'll only eat this plate then." Cat said, smiling and giggling a little bit.

I kind of forgot that CatNap isn't much of an eater. He will eat some meals, but only ones that are really necessary.

"Dang, pups. These pancakes are godly, how do you make them?" Cat asks me, and I smile. "It's a secret recipe, it was my mom's. She said never tell anyone it, and she said I could maybe even start a diner with her recipe's once she is dead." I say, grinning a bit about the thought.

"Well, she was an amazing cook then." Cat says, finishing his meal.

"Well... When my time comes, I'll tell her that you said that." I say, smiling, and fidgeting with my fork.

Cat smiles, and we get up once we both finish our breakfast.

We start heading to work, chatting here and there. "Well, lets hope we have some good things to teach today... I really don't want to go into that playroom ever again." Cat says, snickering.

"CatNap, children can be children, and no one can change that. But making fun of them is kind of cruel." I speak. "Come on... You gotta admit. Them children are some nasty beings, putting they boogers on every surface they find." Cat starts laughing. "They also don't wash their hands after using the toilet... I have never heard a single flush after a kid comes back from using that nasty room." Cat keeps on laughing, and I can't help but giggle along with him.

We finally reach the Playcare, taking in the painted skies for an uncountable consecutive time.

"Well, my schedule says that we don't get to go into that playroom, but rather go to the school again and teach... History." I say, wagging my tail a little.

"I ain't too good with history, but at least it isn't dealing with boogers and mucus." Cat states, and I chuckle, "Yeah, you sure are right." I say, agreeing.

"I wonder what else children got up their nose." Cat laughs, "The thought boggles." I say, laughing along with him.

It really feels good to laugh at jokes I'm not supposed to laugh at. It's in the rules that we aren't allowed to make fun of the kids, and that we can't gossip about them.

Hopefully we don't end up getting in trouble by the staff, I've never been in trouble before. CatNap has, but only a few times for not being energetic and kind to the kids.

"Well then... It starts in 4 minutes, let's get going." I say, and Cat agrees, and walks along with me.

We walk inside, and I immediately start teaching, not wanting to deal with this and that.

Cat watches from the back, some kids looking at him, some greeting him. I don't mind that, since Cat hardly gets anyone saying hi to him.

CatNap POV:

I watch the class, observing some of the things that Dayz is teaching the class. It's boring. Why can you teach them about Pearl Harbor or the titanic, something brutal like that?

I guess I really just want to see all the kids look in shock at all of the black and white pictures of people drowning in the Atlantic Ocean.

Once Dayz finishes teaching the class, I get up and walk with him. We walk out of the classroom, "Hey Dayz... Wait." I say as I see something.

The principles office is wide open!

"Cat, no. Don't go in there. None of that is any of our business." DogDay tries to stop me, but I ignore him and head straight for the entrance.

I go inside, looking around for cameras, and whatnot.

DogDay just stands at the door frame, watching my mischief unfold.

I see something on a desk, it's a note.

"Dayz.... Come here, please." I say, and DogDay hesitates, but goes into the office anyway.

"I think this letter with tell us about Kickin'." I say, looking at Dayz's face look excited, but as well as curious.

"Well then... read it." He says, and I read aloud. "To all staff, we have sent out multiple copies of this here paper to inform you that one of the smiling critters will be chosen to a test subject. What is this test, you may ask. Well, we are going to be seeing how 1006 acts to another creature. Hopefully this all goes as planned, and the critters don't lose a member of their crew." I read aloud.

"What is... 1006? And why did they choose Kickin' to be a test subject for this number thing?" Dayz asks, mostly to himself.

"I have no idea, but it doesn't seem that it will be a completely safe test." I say, starting to frown while reading over the letter in my head again.

"We have to do something!" Dayz says, and I look at him. "What are we supposed to do against a bunch of security guards that clearly have tasers and guns?" I asked him, and he sort of shrugged. "I don't know, you tell me." He says.

"I don't know either. But I do know is that we either leave Kickin' to his most likely death or try and keep him from that death." I state, and DogDay nods in agreement. "Exactly." He speaks.

1173 Words

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Hello again, it's me, OneAndOnly0004. I hope you are all enjoying this story so far, and that you guys have a good rest of your day, either reading more stories, or doing whatever it is you plan to do. Well, as always, I'll see you guys' next chapter!