5. Dead Men Tell No Tales

Another weird sleeping schedule soooo here ya go, lovelies :)
Enjoy!
Also P.S.— watching y'all brainstorm theories with this story is too much fun lol, keep them coming!
xoxo

Alistair

Now he had to die

Now he had to die.

I shifted the heavy weighted blade in my right hand, pushing it back to slice easily through the flesh of the last men near me. They were all piss excuses for fighters, none worthy of the blade that soon struck them down. Once I had cleared a path to the edge of this vessel, I raised my left foot and kicked the wood board off the edge of my fucking ship.

The last of the men still walking across it all fell into the deep ice cold water, as did the wooden piece itself. I did the same thing to the second and final board, sending it and its filthy men into the sea.

When I turned around, my eyes found Caspian again. The sword I had told him to pick up was still laying on the floor, and his hands had stretched across his chest to hold his upper arms in an odd way. Almost like he was cowering.

I felt my rage only grow. Did he... did he catch a fucking shiver? At a time like this? My feet started to carry me towards him, thinking of the ways in which I was going to skin him alive once I got my hands on him. How much pain I wanted to inflict, first jamming my fingers directly into this fish chum landlubber-

Those very same steps then slowed to a stop only a few more quick strides away from this infuriating slave, stopping myself from going any further as soon as Caspian took another step towards the now gathering enemy pirates. His hands slowly slid down his arms, before they tucked themselves into his long sleeves. "How many?" He asked, turning his head slightly over towards me.

Those dull eyes weren't quite as dull anymore. "Hmm?" I answered.

"How many must I kill to rest my head for a moment? Uninterrupted?"

I stared at him blankly, studying his face. I swear I saw a flash of pain for just an instant when his hands reached further up to grip his upper arms tighter, but it was gone soon after. Was he serious? I wondered. He had no weapon, and he looked like he was one sudden strong gust of wind away from toppling right over.

Yet, that question— he seemed awfully serious.

"Kill them all." I told him, my lips tugging up into a slight smile. This was at the very least going to be interesting. And that could work for me.

I watched as his arms slowly fell back to his sides, that sudden chill he felt, gone.

Then I felt it.

Right before I heard or even saw it, I felt it.

The cracking of the floorboards as metal sunk itself deep into the refined wood. I heard chains rusting against each other, before my eyes finally registered what had just put two gaping holes in my fucking ship.