19. The Clarity Of The Stars

I meant to get like two chapters out yesterday lol, that's on me y'all
It can be a pain to get these longer chapters cranked out, but I think they fit the flow of the story much better. Lemme know what you beautiful souls think :)
I'll also probably update the playlist with the next upload. I've been rewatching samurai champloo though and was listening to the song above when writing this (it's the ending theme song). I'm just not sure it fits the rest of the pirate playlist vibe to add it there too...
Anyways for now, enjoy lovelies!
xoxo

Caspian

I had seen very many things over the relatively short time this world has tortured me by forcing my existence in, however the ways in which Alistair's men managed to gather themselves for work on the ship, only to then gain more energy after a hea...

I had seen very many things over the relatively short time this world has tortured me by forcing my existence in, however the ways in which Alistair's men managed to gather themselves for work on the ship, only to then gain more energy after a hearty meal...

Well, I was quite impressed with their regeneration. This lot fascinated me.

Alistair ordered me to remain at his side as the men enjoyed the meal well into the day, then eventually past sun down. This unfortunately meant that I was subjected to the brain rottening conversation of the pirates that surrounded us, which mostly consisted of sex and loot. It also meant that any time I would have with Gaia alone, was nonexistent. This Captain seemed to intentionally make it that way all through the day, which troubled me.

What troubled me further was what Alistair had done today... more specifically, once we had reached the brothel. He had seemingly managed to speak to his men, but he spoke to them through the stone foundations of the building. I could feel the rumblings of his voice carry through the sandals I wore, below the soles of my feet. It made me wonder what privacy I really had in his presence, with powers like those, or even when he was nearby. I

t was something I had never seen anyone do before. Something I'd never read about during my time in Azultia.

With each day progressing, I was learning more about his unique gifts. Learning things that put me on a higher alert than finding the sword of King Daedron in his hands already had.

If I were to ask Gaia what he was, I wondered if she'd tell me.

Then I thought about it... why hadn't I asked Alistair myself?

The man was the farthest from conservative with his powers... but even if he told me, there wasn't a bone in his body that could convince him to tell me the whole truth. That, I was sure of. At least with Gaia, she was a bit more honest-

I paused a moment, fixing my rash thoughts. No, I heard that inner voice speak for me. It didn't matter what Alistair was, because I didn't plan to stay on this ship long. And regardless of what abilities he possessed, he was still a man. He was escapable, I was sure of it. I had fled from things more complicated than him.