The Lotus Flower (Part Three)

Percy's body collapsed to the ground as the hilt of Jason's sword connected with his head. At least I'm not the one getting knocked out this time, Jason thought bitterly.

He raised his hands to strike lighting at one of the attacking women. She fell to the ground and dissolved into gold dust, not before Jason got a glimpse of her red eyes. Empousa.

The others took down the other empousa just as quickly.

'What have you done?' Circe shrieked, her ebony hair shining the gold blood of her sisters.

A triumphant smile flashed on Pipers face as she reached out to finish the job.

Gods, he loved her.

 Just before Katoptris sliced of Circe's head, she burst into flames, leaving behind flames dancing in the air and smoke.

Everyone glanced at each other wearingly. 'I thought only empousa could do that.' Annabeth said quietly. She looked...tired, especially when she looked at her boyfriend. 'We need to get Percy back to Camp Half-Blood.' Hazel decided, wrapping an arm around Annabeth's shoulders. 'Maybe the Hecate children would be able to help.'

So Annabeth took a deep breath, raised her arms and said, O Hail the Chariot of Eternal Damnation!

........................................................................................................................

That night, after Percy had settled in at the infirmary, it wasn't worry that kept Jason up, nor was it hope or excitement.

It was the image of Circe's face just before she had 'teleported' away, a mix of satisfaction and pleasure.

This is what she wants.

Sooo, I originally planned to just finish this story in one chapter, but i think it's going to stretch out over multiple. Yay?