chapter 16

*:・゚*:・゚

After the events of yesterday, it only felt right for Maya to call Penelope. Since the brunette had told her best friend about befriending the Noons, she had be updating her about everything. And maybe leaving some bits out for the sake of her sanity, cause god knows Penelope would freak if the girl told her that Brady called her 'pretty girl'. And also because she liked that being her and the brown haired boys little secret.

Once she had rolled out of bed, showered and changed, the brunette girl made her way downstairs for breakfast, her senses being welcomed by the smell of pastries as she rounded the corner into the kitchen.

Standing by the counter, the girl found her older sister, extremely concentrated on making... something.

"What are you making?" The girl quizzed, rounding the counter to read the cook book. Cookies, she was making cookies.

"I'm trying to make cookies, mind passing me the flour please?" Maya quickly passed Allie the bag of flour, laughing in the process.

"Do you really need instructions to make cookies Allie? They're really not that complicated." The girl gave her sister an odd look as she proceeded to take her overnight blueberry oats out of the fridge.

Her older sister rolled her eyes, "I may be an academic weapon but I'm not a baker." Maya laughed at the girls response, taking a spoon out of the drawer and making her way back upstairs. "I'm going to be on call with Penelope, give a shout if you need me."

Sundays were always the day that Maya called her blonde best friend, it was their "gossip day". Once Maya had gotten comfortable on her bed, oats in hand, she dialled Penelope on FaceTime, propping up her phone against the table lamp.

The blonde girls voice came through as soon as she answered, "Hello my love, how are you?" Just the sound of her best friends voice made the brunette girl feel completely at ease.

"Hey P. I'm good, how are you? How's school?" The blonde girls face came into view as she rested her phone against what seemed to be her bedroom window.

Penelope groaned, "I'm good, but school has been so boring lately, there's nothing interesting going on here. On the contrary to you, cause I stalked that Noon boy and he's cuuuuuute, and he's an actor?! Girl you hit the jackpot." The brunette smiled softly at the mention of the brown haired boys name.

"You're saying that as if we're together. Which we aren't. I'm his friend, that's it." The girl wrapped her arms around herself, shifting on her bed to get more comfortable.

"New hoodie? It's cute, is it from Pacsun?" Maya looked down at her choice of clothing, blushing as she realised she had grabbed Brady's hoodie to wear.

The girl cleared her throat awkwardly, "It's um actually Bradys." Penelope's eyes widened as she stared at her best friend through the phone, in complete and utter disbelief.

"He gave you his hoodie?! And you continue to say that you're just his friend? Maya wake up and realise that no guy would give a girl his hoodie unless he likes her- wait so that means you were with him too?! Babes fess up nowwwww."

Maya laughed as her best friend eagerly waited on the other side of the phone for her to spill the beans, she knew this was going to be a long call.

*:・゚*:・゚

authors note
we love a gossip session with p.
what do y'all think of this so far? am i going too fast?
don't forget to vote!