chapter 26

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Most days went by in a flash, but not today. Maya and Allie had decided to stay home and have some quality sister bonding time, even thought they spent every day with each other. The older sister had finished all of her midterm essays, so she just wanted to stay at home and relax. Exam season was soon approaching for Allie, but she wasn't going to let that get in the way of spending time with her little sister.

Their parents hadn't been home in 4 months, with all their work and business meetings, and they rarely had anytime to check in on their two daughters, and even if they did have time they probably wouldn't; instead they'd be sat by a pool at a hotel resort with a cocktail in their hand.

The girls' morning had started off very slowly. The sunlight sliced through Maya's curtains, almost blinding her as she woke up, but none the less she hauled herself out of bed, because if she didn't she knew she would fall back asleep and wake up again at midday. Once she had taken a shower to fully wake herself up, she slipped on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie before making her way to the kitchen.

It came as no surprise to the girl that Allie was already bustling around in the kitchen, the clang of pots and pans echoing off the walls. "Good morning M, what do you want to do today?" The older girl inquired once she had noticed her sister standing in the kitchen, sleep still clouding here eyes.

Maya smiled tiredly, "Good morning. How about first let's have breakfast, and then we'll decide what we want to do." The brunette girl laughed as she gave her sister a side hug before she reached for a bowl from the top cupboard. Allie nodded in agreement, going about the kitchen, pulling out a box of granola, a carton of milk and an apple and a banana from the fruit bowl.

The two sister fell into comfortable silence as they ate, the only noise being the faint hum of the refrigerator. In the silence, Maya's mind wandered to a certain brown haired boy. She had found herself thinking about Brady quite a lot, even though she would never admit it to anyone. But she knew there was one thing she could certainly admit; that she was irrevocably falling for the boy. Her attempts at denying the accusations that Victoria, Sophie and Penelope had thrown at her were to to no avail, the girls could see right through her and she wasn't a very convincing liar.

"Maya, are you alright?" Allie waved a hand in front of her sister face, to which the younger girl seems to snap out of some sort of trance. "Oh ye-yeah I'm fine, just daydreaming." The brunette girl answered honestly as she got up and placed her empty bowl in the dishwasher. "Daydreaming about a certain someone I'm guessing." The older girl insinuated lightly, making Maya look at her sister with a look that read 'seriously?'

"The moment those words fell out of my mouth I knew that that comment was coming." Both girl laughed lightly as they trekked upstairs to their bedrooms. Allie followed behind the brunette girl, flopping onto Maya's bed with a huff. "How is that going anyway? With Brady and your other friends?" The question came as a surprise to the younger girl, but none the less she replied reluctantly, "Everything's fine, we all get along really well. They're really nice."

Content with her sisters answer, she nodded, laying back down on the bed sprawled out like a starfish. After a few moments oaf sitting in silence scrolling through social media, a notification popped up on Maya's phone, making her get off her bed to retrieve her laptop, opening it up to twitch. Allie, noticing this, sat up to see the computer screen clearly. In no time at all, the girl found the account she was looking for, tapping on the button to join the livestream. Brady's face appeared on the screen, sat in his gaming chair in his bedroom.

Maya took it upon herself to comment a simple 'hey noon' in the comments before taking photo of her laptop screen and sending it to the boy. As she cast her eyes back on the livestream, she watched as Brady unlocked his phone, the light illuminating his features as he viewed the photo. A smile began to spread across the boys face, a light pink hue adorning his cheeks. The comment section began to blow up with comments asking who he was talking to, but he paid no mind to them.

Unexpectedly, Maya's phone began to ring, Brady's contact showing up. Both Maya and Allie looked between the laptop and the phone in disbelief.

He's calling me while he's on a livestream?!

The brunette girl answered the phone, holding it up to her ear. "Hey pretty girl." How those three simple words made a whole swarm of butterflies erupt in the girls stomach. "Hi Brady, you do know that your stream can hear you on call right?" The boy laughed softly, nodding into the camera as answer to the girls question. "Yes I do know, and I don't care, I'm talking to you." Maya smiled sweetly at the boys statement.

"Well don't leave your stream waiting, play and I'll stay on the call with you. I'm going to put you on speaker, I'm with Allie." Brady placed his phone on his desk, now on speaker as he started a COD game. The older girl leaned forward to say hello to the boy, "Hi Allie." The boy waved at the camera in acknowledgement.

As the boy continued to play, he continued in conversation with Maya, asking her about everything and nothing. Never had the girl felt so see and recognised before Brady Noon.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

authors note
gosh this is such filler chapter and it's so boring, but i promise more interesting things are to come 🫶
don't forget to vote!