chapter 18

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The Warren Sixpacks and the opposing team came walking onto the court, everyone from both schools cheering for their team.

One of the professors announced the teams through the speakers as they walked on. "-middle blocker, number 20, Angelo Addiego and Warren Sixpacks libero, number 3, Brady Noon." Both teams greeted each other with handshakes.

Maya vaguely recognised Brian, the boy who sat next to Brady in maths, as he took his position, which by the looks of it seemed to be one of the middle blockers. The brunette girl watched as Brady took his position behind the rest of the team, not before casting a smile at you from where you sat.

The opposing team was chosen to serve the coin toss, resulting in their team serving first. Both teams got into position, holding their stance as the first serve was made.

Brady ran forward, passing it to the middle blocker, Angelo, who was able to make it pass over the net. The ball continued flying over the net back and forth a few minutes before the Warren Sixpacks opposite hitter spiked the ball, making it hit the floor on the opposite side of the court.

Everyone erupted into cheer, the Sixpacks all jumping as they huddled each other, celebrating their points. Maya, Connor and Sophie cheered from the front line, watching as the boys celebrated.

The teams libero looked over at everyone, catching the brunette girls eye. He smiled brightly, winking at her before focusing back on his team.

The girl felt a blush creep across her face as she watched the brunette boy on the court. He tugged on the bottom of his shirt, pulling it up to wipe his forehead, making the brunette girl avert her eyes from the boys exposed torso.

The blonde girl beside her nudged her with her elbow, "Are you alright Maya? Your cheeks are red?" The girl held the back of her hand to the brunette girls cheeks, confirming that her skin was warm.

Maya nodded lightly, trying to not look at the boy on the court. "Yes I'm fine, just a bit hot that's all." But she miserably failed, looking over at Brady for a split second, and that's all it took for Sophie to join the dots.

Her eyes softened as she looked at the younger girl, "Brady huh? Don't worry, your secrets safe with me." She winked, wrapping her arms around the girls shoulder.

The game continued, with the Sixpacks starting with a serve. The ball rapidly flew to the other side of the net, the opposing team's libero passing the ball to their outside hitter, who returned the ball to the other side of the net.

Brady quickly ran forward, diving to prevent the ball from touching the ground and passing it to the outside hitter, who was able to send the ball over the net, just enough to not allow the other team enough time to reach the ball, resulting in a point for the Sixpacks.

After half an hour, the teams were both tied with two rally wins, meaning that the fifth rally would decide the winner. Everyone watched in suspense as the ball flew over the net, both teams gaining points. All of a sudden, Angelo spiked the ball, giving the other team no time at all to reach the ball, despite their best efforts as they dived for the ball.

Lacey Township high school students erupted into cheer as the referee whistled the end of the game, the Sixpacks winning by 15-11. The boys all hugged each other, slapping each other backs in celebration.

The team's coach walked onto the court to celebrate with them, as did Connor and Sophie, who then pulled Maya along with her. Maya walked up to the brunette boy, who turned around to greet her with a hug. The girl was reluctant to wrap her arms around the boys neck, rubbing her hands up and down his back.

"You were absolutely amazing Brady! Congratulations." The girl beamed as they pulled away from each other.

Brady sighed contently, his cheeks flushed as he looked at the brunette girl. "Pretty sure you were my lucky charm pretty girl. I've never played so well in my life." Maya smiled, ruffling the boys hair. "I highly doubt that's true Brady."

The brown haired boy tucked a strand of hair behind the girls ear, "I'm glad you came to the game Maya." He spoke softly.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

authors note
i'm not a volleyball expert so if any of the terminology is wrong blame google 🫥
we stan sophie in this household!
also i'm loving brady and maya even more 😍🥹
don't forget to vote!