Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I had no words. The only thing I wanted to do was get up, go find Xander and murder him with my own hands. To see the life drain from his eyes, like he did to my father.

"Say something." Cyrus whispers anxiously, placing his hand over mine, rubbing his thumb softly to try and sooth me. What was I suppose to say to that? I've just been told that my father was murdered.

"He killed him." I barely whispered, unable to process anything else.

Xander killed my father.

"He did." Cyrus nods. "That's why I've been telling you that you're not safe with him."

My body shook uncontrollably. Xander killed my father... That's why he was so interested in my necklace, why he got weird when we spoke about it. Why he would get a weird look when we would speak of my father. He's so set on me keeping everything a secret, as if he is planning on using me, or planning on taking my necklace from me. Over my dead body.

All I saw was red as I stood up, my hand slipping out from under his. I am going to kill him. How dare he keep something like this from me? I trusted him... with everything.

"Wait-" Cyrus stands up, grabs my arm and forces me to turn to face him. "Don't say anything."

I glare up at him, "He killed my dad." I didn't care about keeping secrets from Cyrus anymore. He's the only one being honest with me.

He stops, blinking a few times, "Your... Dad?" He says slowly. The information sinking in.

I nod, yanking my arm away from his grasp. "I'm going to kill him." I felt my necklace start heating up against my skin. Whatever this necklace can do I want it all directed at Xander. I need to find him, or I was going to hurt Cyrus by accident.

"You can't." Cyrus rushes out, shaking his head. "For one, he will kill you." He takes a breath, "And because if they found out who you are, you will be murdered."

"He knows." I tell him, storming towards my door. I can't stay here any longer. I will find that man and he will suffer for what he did.

"He knows who you are?" He asks, coming to my side again as I leave the room.

"Yep." I shut and lock the door before turning to bang on Xander's door that was right across from mine. "You can go, I want to do this alone." I tell Cyrus, never bothering to look over at him.

"He will kill you." He says low, stepping closer to my side. "You need me." That's where he was wrong, I don't... I didn't need anyone. The anger flowing through my body is one I've never felt before, and I fully intend to take it all out on Xander.

"I'll be fine." I tell him confidently, "Now go." The second I see Xander, its done. He won't have a chance to react. I try my best to keep my mind clear but all I can see is the different ways this can go down.

"No." He says more sternly. "I won't let him kill you."

I turn, pointing my glare at him causing his body to tense up. "I want to do this alone." I emphasize. I needed to do this alone.

"I understand that, trust me." He reaches out and grabs my hand softly. There was so much anger in me that I shove him away without thinking. My hands slam his chest back with more force than I expected.

His back slams into the wall, but he catches his footing and stands up quickly. My necklace was burning a hole through my chest. I guess I'm pissed off enough for it to take over.

He blinks a few times, rubbing the back of his head. "Woah..." He watches me cautiously, eyeing my body up and down for a moment. His brows furrow, confusion flashes across his face as he tries to figure out how I pushed him so hard.