Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-two

Sage

Everything feels so light. 

I was a feather in the wind. My body going wherever the breeze takes me.

I could stay here forever.

I want to stay here forever.

My body doesn't feel connected to anything, yet I wasn't scared. I wasn't falling.

The sound of wind in my ears is what gets my attention. Everything seems so real. So vivid. Except I couldn't see anything.

I was probably on the back of a dragon. I don't remember seeing Constance... or even Octavia for that matter. Did something happen? At this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to kill me again.

Again. Which means I survived whatever happened.

I swear I can hear the ocean. As if waves were crashing on the shore right at my feet. The wind whooshing loudly in all directions. As if a storm was rolling in, the sharpness in the sound almost cuts my cheek. Then, just as fast the sharpness dies down, leaving a lullaby of whispers in the air.

It was calming though... And a part of me was trying to reach for it. Whatever it was. Needing- no, wanting to feel more.

The wind whooshed around my ears as I clawed towards it. The sound reminding me of the times when I was a little girl and I would press a conch shell to my ear and listen, but this time I can feel it all.

My eyes flutter open, unwillingly. My entire body freezes up as I wake up again in a place that is not my bed. This time I had both Sam and Xander smiling down at me. This has to be a dream. Why are they looking at me like that? This must be how a new born baby feels.

"How are you feeling?" Xander asks me, gently reaching out to brush some hair behind my ear. I open my mouth then shut it.

I felt...

Everything.

Everything that I thought was just a dream is still happening. I can still hear wind whooshing by my ear. I felt every slight breeze that brushed against my skin... Every direction it went. Every inch of my body sensitive to the slightest vibrations in the air around me.

I sit up slowly, feeling completely weightless. My body felt as though I was floating through the air. Gravity was not doing it's thing anymore.

My skin felt as though it was wrapped in an invisible blanket or surrounded by clouds. I move my arm out, it felt numb, yet I could feel it. The air swirls around my arm, making room for me every time I moved. I could feel the warmth in the drafts of air brushing by. I can also feel the slight difference of the draft coming in the window, colder wind tickling my arm and causing goosebumps in its path.

"I feel..." They both watch as I try to find the right words. "Everything." There was no other way to explain it. I feel everything. Every cell in my body buzzing as the air in the room presses against me.

They both don't say anything for a moment, before Sam is asking, "What do you mean?"

"Like..." I look around and I start to see a shimmer in the air. I look towards the cold draft coming in the window, the sound sharper than the warm draft coming from the hallway. Pushing though the cracks of the window was a shimmering blue, almost invisible. But as I keep watching it, it becomes clearer. The mist was swirling in through the cracks around the window, flowing in through the room and making its way to brush between the three of us. Yet they don't seem to notice.