Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

"And to answer your confession. I do have feelings for you too. But... I'm sorry, there's someone else in my heart as well..." she said. She turn around and runs away. I drop on my knees as tears starts flowing from my eyes. I can't believe she left, and I might never see her again.

-Give Me A Chance-

Y/N P.O.V

Akaza ended up taking me to the place he took me to years ago, when I passed out after getting bullied by those girls. This time, I'm able to see what's it's like inside the house. It's not too bad, it looks just like any ordinary house and looks well properly maintained.

I just sit on the chair in the house. There are some books in the house, so I just read them to pass the time. The book I'm currently reading is about the History of how the Demon Slayers was formed. I wonder why Akaza has this book about them.

"Hey..." a voice said. I move my gaze from the book for a few seconds to see Akaza. I just turn my head away from him, trying to ignore his presence. I hear a soft sigh. He walks over to me, grabbing the book from my hand.

"Hey! I was reading that!" I said. I try to take it back, only for him to raise it higher. A soft smile is presence on his lips. "Tch. Go ahead and have that book. I'll just read something else" I said. I turn around to walk away, only to be stopped by a pair of arms around my waist. I just stay silent with my hands on either side of me. I feel him placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Forgive me..." he whispered in a soft voice. I let out a sigh. I place my hands on top of his, trying to get him to remove them. But he just tighten his arms around me. "I know you hate me for leaving you behind. But I swear, L/N-San. It was not my intention. I had no choice but to stay away from you so you'd be safe. Having to leave you behind is the hardest thing I have to do" he said. I close my eyes as I listen to the pain in his voice. The sound of his pain makes my heart aches.

"You told me you don't want to be around me in worry that your boss would kill me. That the only way is to turn me into a demon. You didn't want that to happen, so you left. So why did you choose to turn me after being so hesitant to do so?" I said.

"Because I can't think of any other way to keep you alive, L/N-San. A life without you isn't a life worth to live for... I'm so sorry" he said. He buries his face into the crook of my neck. I feel tears on my skin, which lets me know he had started to cry. "P-Please f-forgive me" he said. His voice cracks a little as he hugs me tighter from behind. My back is pressed firmly against his chest.

"Let go, Akaza-San..." I said, in a soft voice. He shakes his head, not wanting to let go. He seems afraid that I might leave him if he did. "I'm not going anywhere. I promise" I said. He hesitantly released me. I turn my body around to face him. He stares at me with tears in his eyes.

My eyes soften at the sight. "Akaza-San..." I lift my hands, gently cupping his cheeks. I wipe his tears and caresses his skin. He leans into my touch, closing his eyes. "I can't truly hate you, Akaza-San... even if I try to make myself hate you" I said. He opens his eyes to look at me.

"So, the other person you mentioned to Kyoujuro. Was it. W-Was it... me?" He asked, hesitantly. I just nod my head lightly. He leans his forehead against mine. "You love me?" He asked. I nod my head again. A soft smile starts to form on his lips. He pulls me into a hug. My head is pressed against his chest. He place his chin on top of my head. "I love you, L/N-San. I love you so much..." he said.

"I love you too, Akaza-San..." I said in a soft voice. He pulls away from me. He stares into my eyes. I notice him glancing at my lips. He slowly leans in. My eyes flutter close as a gentle pressure is placed against my lips. I open my eyes slightly to see Akaza's face right in front of mine. I tilt my head slightly, closing my eyes once again as I kiss him back.

"Thank you..." he said, after we pull away from the kiss. He smiles softly at me. "Is it okay if I call you Y/N? It's kinda not fair that Kyoujuro gets to call you by your first name when I'm the one who's your boyfriend" he said. I raise an eyebrow at what he said.

"Since when did I agree to be your girlfriend, Akaza-San?" I asked. He stares at me with a shock expression. I let out a giggle and kisses his nose. "I'm just kidding... of course you can call me Y/N. I didn't take you to be so jealous of Kyoujuro" I said. He huffed at what I said. He pulls me into a hug.

"Of course I will be. Who wouldn't be jealous when their woman is loved by another man, not to mentioned... she also harbors feelings for him..." he said. I let out a giggle as he sulks, while burying his face into the crook of my neck.

"You're so cute, Akaza..." I said. He just let out a 'hmph' sound, which makes me burst out into a fit of giggles. "I may love Kyoujuro. But it doesn't change anything. You are the one I love most and it will always be that way..." I said.

"Promise?" He asked. His voice is showing just how insecure he's feeling. I gently caress his back and nod my head. "So, are you going to try to forget your feelings for him?" He said.

"Yeah, sure..." I said, nodding my head. He let out a hum as if he's satisfied with my answer. I just smile at what he said. He pulls away from the hug. I let out a yelp in surprise when he suddenly picks me up in his arms. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Demons also need to rest, so?" He said. I huffed softly at what he said. He let out a laugh and carried me to a room with a bed. He gently lowers me down to lay on the bed, placing himself next to me after. He wraps his arms around my waist, gently pulling me closer to him. I lean my head against his chest. "I love you..." he said.

"I love you too, Akaza" I said. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. I close my eyes, snuggling closer to him. I let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*