𓄼˚ chapter four

1:15 P.M. Cafeteria.

The question made all of the present in the table shut up. Jo looked around for some seconds, looking totally serious about the question she had just made.

After hearing no sound emitted, Louise scanned every perplexed face before bursting out laughing. The rest followed, and Jo started a small chorus of "what's."

"It was unexpected, Jo. That's it."

"But, really, though..." She looked at her friend. "None of you date? Not even over the summer?"

Meeks cleared his throat. "It's difficult, dating, here. The only girl till now was Louise and she's... Neil's sister."

Louise gasped, offended, yet laughed right after. "That's surely not the reason."

No response. Her eyes met her brother's. "Right?"

Neil muttered something, then gulped. "Well..."

Her mouth continued agape when her sight fell on the rest of the guys. "He told you something?"

Nobody answered, and Charlie seemed strange. He looked as if he wanted out of the conversation. She ignored it. Louise then turned to the girls.

"I can't believe this."

"So you want us to like you--?" Knox was immediately cut by his friend.

"No!" Louise used all her body for that response, shaking her head and making a giant "X" with her hands. "No..."

"So, then--" Knox started, yet was cut by the blonde girl.

"I think that what she means is..." She looked at the guys, then at Louise. "There shouldn't be any reason why you must not like her, rather..."

She thought about what to say, and Louise saw Knox looking at her intensely."Just don't like her because you don't feel that for her."

"Thank you!" She pointed at the girl, and a blush appeared on her cheeks. "We're all friends."

She unconsciously looked at Charlie, and caught a glimpse of nervous tick he had: putting his tongue against his cheek, all internally. Louise didn't question it.

"Anyways... all these guys had never talked to women, except for me, up until... fifteen minutes ago?"

The mentioned blushed a bit, and the girls laughed.

Jo finally spoke after the chaos she started. "Well, none of you has said anything weird so, mission accomplished."

"What mission?" Todd, who had been only reacting all conversation by staring at everyone with his mouth open, inquired.

The girls looked at Jo, already expecting her response with quiet giggles. During the short time they had talked to her, she took advantage of situations like these to be 'witty'.

"Not creaming your pants when talking to us."

The boys got surprised by her bluntness for a minute but then laughed, and Charlie's demeanour changed with a smirk. Louise noticed this and surpressed a knowing smile: he knew he would like her new friend since their humour was similar.

They continued chatting. When they finished their lunch and the bell rang, they went to their rooms and grabbed everything necessary for the classes.

Since they had an hour free, the guys decided to walk around the school and show the new students the facilities and every room they could. That, until they reached the Chemistry classroom.