Chapter 3 Part 4: The Lies You Tell

"Hey, Leo! Are you busy?" Khloe asked him.

"Ha! That's funny." he said. "It's always busy."

He put his head down on the desk for 5 seconds before raising it again. He looked left and rich and waved for Khloe to come closer.

He put his hand on the side of his mouth and said, "So, are you and Charm a thing yet?"

Khloe couldn't help but let out a sad chuckle. "Um, no. He didn't have any interest in me. Wait, how did you know?" she asked.

"I'm sorry to hear that. To answer your question, I'm the hotel manager, I know everything when it comes to the juicy gossip." Leo said.

"Hm. Do you have any tea that you could possibly spill to me?" Khloe asked with her "Spill It Bestie" face.

"Every Wednesday at 9am?" Leo asked after chuckling for 5 seconds.

"Absolutely!" Khloe said, instantly.

The two continued into their conversation until the floor started to shake. The pen holder, computer monitors, and water bottles were all shaking.

"What's going on an earthquake?" Khloe said, panicked.

"Sure is. A Charmie earthquake." said Leo.

"Man, that name went around quick." said Khloe.

The two looked in the hoard's direction. "Well, at least you know Charm is here." Leo said.

"The perfect Charm tracker." Khloe said. "I think
I'll head up to my room. No point in staying down here."

Leo nodded his head and waved her goodbye. Charm walked out of the car and tried to walk over to Leo. He couldn't make it successfully because there were so many fans in his way.

"Um, excuse me! Excuse me, guys!" he said, softly.

While Charm was fighting for he is life, Khloe was looking for a way out before something else could happen. "Oh my gosh! Now, this elevator wants to be slow?!" she said.

Charm finally made it out of the "Charmie Frenzy" and walked over to the front desk and started talking to Leo.

"Hey, Leo! You busy?" he asked.

"Wow! That's the second time I've heard that phrase today." he told Charm.

"Really? Did Khloe tell you that?" Charm smiled, secretly.

"She sure did." Leo replied.

"Have you seen her by the way?" he asked Leo.

"No, not since this morning. Why are you asking all these questions about her wellbeing?" he asked him.

Charm was caught off guard by Leo's question. Why did he care so much about her? He didn't want to drag her into his problems, but he couldn't help himself. She was like a ray of sunshine to him.

Umm, I don't know." Charm said as he wiped his hands on his pants. "I didn't end things in the best way, after all."

Leo stood quiet looking at Charm. "Well, I finished scheduling the pool party. I hope you fix things there." he told Charm with a warning look. Charm nodded his head.

Khloe went to her room and threw herself on her bed. "Ahh! What a day!" She rolled over on her side and fell asleep letting her mind forgot about the world.

Downstairs in the lobby, Charm was signing papers and shaking hands. When he checked the time, hours had already gone by. He quickly rapped up the little meet and greet and went to his room.

"What a day!" Charm put his pajamas on and laid in his bed. He couldn't fall asleep, though. His mind had a million thoughts on one person only.

"I wonder, if Khloe is as broken as me. Does she feel like something is missing? Was I her sunshine too?"

Eventually, his body couldn't rest anymore. He put his shoes on and walked out of the hotel. On a different floor, Khloe did the same thing.

She couldn't sleep anymore. They both left at different times and walked in different directions. One was walking with regrets and the other was walking with sorrow.

They both walked without paying any mind to what was around them. Bam! They fall to the ground like they did in the earlier weeks. This time it was different. They were happy, yet sad to see each other.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." Khloe said.

"No, it's my fault. I'm sorry." Charm's voice sounded shaky.

"Are you okay?" Khloe asked with genuine concern in her voice.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything!" Charm started to cry. He couldn't control his tears. Khloe didn't say anything. She just walked over and gave him a hug.

He planted his head in her arm and sobbed away. He was letting all of his emotions go. She patted his head telling him everything was going to be fine. After what it seemed to be a whole, Charm finished crying.

"I'm sorry. I got your shirt all wet." he said while trying to wipe his tears off of her.

"It's okay. Sometimes we just need to cry on someone."

"Thanks. I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it." he told her.

"Then, why did you say it?" she asked him.

"I-." Charm couldn't finish his sentence. He couldn't bare to tell her about what happened to him. Khloe understood his silence this time.

"It's no problem. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." she said. Charm was surprised by her answer, but grateful for it at the same time.

"Would you like to walk with me?" he asked her.

"Sure."

The two walked hand in hand. They didn't say anything to each other, but they enjoyed spending time together. "I'm sorry for what I said." Charm said, breaking the silence.

"I told you it's fine. There's no need to apologize anymore." she smiled.

After walking for a while, they noticed that they were far from the hotel. "Maybe we should start heading back." Khloe said to Charm.

"Good idea." he said to her.

Coincidentally, they said at the same time, "I hate the dark." They both looked at each other and held their hands even harder. They made it halfway before stopping. They both smiled at each other and nodded to keep going.

"Aw. Aren't you two the cutest couple someone will ever see." said a man.

The looked about to see the same man, that Charm was blocking Khloe from. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you guys. Just comply with me and everything will be just fine."

"What do you want?" Khloe asked him.

"I want you, Khloe. I have a friend that wants to see you again." he said to her. When those words came to Khloe's ear, her body froze.

"Why don't you hand her over to me?" The man said to Charm.

"I don't think so. Leave us alone." he said to the guy.

"Hey now. Don't get feisty on me. Just hand her over." The man said running out of patience.

"I said no!" Charm yelled.

The man charged at Khloe and Charm without a second thought. "Charm, look out!" Khloe yelled.