25 : "Sometimes you just have to breathe and tell yourself it's okay"

CHAPTER 25

6 YEARS LATER

XAVIER QUINN

I stood under the shower with my eyes closed, resting my palms on the wall.

I am living the life I wanted. Dad is proud of me. I am at the top but guess what I have lost happiness, I have everyone I needed but still something is missing.

I have become workaholic. When I was vulnerable, work was my only key to distract myself and it did work but then there is something on my mind all the time.

And somewhere I am happy to not be able to attend these family get-togethers. I am not even interested. People talk too much in these gatherings.

Turning off the shower knob, I wrapped a towel around my waist and exited the washroom.

Changing into a pair of black sweatpants and a black tee, I sat on the couch with my phone going through some random stuff.

Life lately has been suffocating because I am being forced to marry.

Anya and I have been in a relationship for 3 years now. Dad did it for the sake of his company and he got the power he was craving for but then there's a thing 'nobody is satisfied with what they have'- so in his hunger for power and money he ruined himself.

Anya's father and my Dad were involved in some illegal shit which was disclosed to the public by one of their rivals. I don't know who the person was. And for that reason Dad and Anya's father were sent to the prison.

My company at that time was nothing and I did not have so much power to get him out of the prison. So, Gd, my Grandad that's what I call him, he did his level best to get Dad out of the prison but still for a month he was in prison.

After that incident, Dad don't talk much. Our family is not even the same, it's like we are existing. Nobody sees anybody, at the breakfast table too it's work we used to talk about. But good for me I don't stay there anymore or it would be really suffocating.

Also Anya is perfect in every way, she is just the girl I need but something about this whole thing doesn't feel right. It feels like I am trapped in something nobody can get me out of.

I am tired of pretending that I like this relationship we have. I don't. For some reason I am not really happy with all this.

I have even told this to her, she is understanding. She is trying her best to make us work but then she can't do it on her own because in a relationship both of us are involved.

Neither do I want to hurt Anya nor my parents. Guess I just have to continue with this.

A notification popped on my phone screen. I looked at it, a conference video call from Ashton.

I picked up the call. There was Ashton, Stanley and Brody.

"Hi dickheads!!! Long time no see, babies!" Brody shouted.

I smiled.

"Yeah, hey guys." Ashton spoke.

Stanley rolled his eyes and said "Motherfucker is getting married."

"Oh hell no?" I was surprised to hear about this.

Ashton? Out of all of us... Ashton? Really!?

I thought it was gonna be Brody because c'mon he was the desperate one among us.

"No shit! You're not!" Brody said, looking surprised.

"Chill guys, it's not such a bad thing."

"What? Getting married?" I asked.