46 : Heartbreak Count - 3

CHAPTER 46

VIVIANA QUINN

“Do you know that he is the son of William Quinn?”

That took me off guard and automatically my face turned to him with an evident questioning look. 

He shrugged “Everyone knows about his father. I mean he deals in illegal weapons.”

“Well I am married to Xavier, not his father.”

“Still, you know genes. He is that man's blood after all.”

“He is nothing like his father.” Well he wanted to be. 

“What about his grandfather?”

“What about him?”

“He too dealt in some illegal business, everyone knew just no one ever took any actions.”

I stopped walking “What are you trying to say, Trevor? Say it clearly.”

“That the blood flows in him is of a few very bad people and no matter how good he is, a part of him may still think of betrayal. Because betrayal flows in their blood.”

“How do you know so much? This was never public.”

“I am one of the unlucky people who lost his father because of the Quinn's.”

“What? I-I d-don't understand.”

“My father used to work in his grandfather’s firm. His grandfather betrayed my father and my father had to face humiliation because of his grandfather. And trust me, my father wasn't weak but he was framed so badly that he couldn't take anymore humiliations and committed suicide.”

My eyes widened. 

What the fuck!? 

Why is everyone in his family like this? But Xavier is not like them, he is a good person.

“I had only my father, my mother died when I was 4. Dad committed suicide and that's it.”

I placed a hand on his shoulder “I am so sorry to hear that.”

I could see tears in his eyes. 

“Nobody in his family showed mercy. They didn't care that a person committed suicide for their mistake.”

He pulled me and hugged me. It was awkward. So damn awkward. A complete stranger hugged me. I patted his back. 

“It's okay, Trevor.” I was trying to move away from his hold but he made his hold firmer on me. 

“Please Viviana, stay.”

Jesus! Get me out of this situation. He is sad I should console him I know but this is so uncomfortable. 

I stayed for a while, thinking about Xavier. He is different from them. 

How can a person be so different? I have seen Xavier, he is not like Gd or Mr. Quinn. 

He is complicated, I agree but he doesn't get satisfaction by killing people. 

The ‘XQ’ is his company and I can bet that it's his hard work. The success is his pure hard work. 

I pulled away from the hug. 

“I am really sorry to hear about your father.” 

He held my hands in his and continued “I take you as a good person Viviana, that's why I am warning you… stay away from Xavier. He doesn't deserve you.”

“Xavier is a good person, you don't know him.”

“I know his family and that is enough. You deserve better. You do not deserve to cry, you don't deserve the pain he gives you. You deserve love, Viviana.” He moved closer to me which caused me to take a step back.