7

HOWLER AND MANDRAKES

Many turned their heads toward Ron when the title mentioned a howler

"So..." James trailed off. "You got a howler on the next day?"

Ron looked at the current Potter heir, his best friend's father. His face was red in embarrassment and nodded in reply.

"Damn... That's going to be something, especially something that came from Molly," Sirius whistled out, he also recalled his first howler in his first year and the ones later on that gave him trauma, but he also knew that his was actually way more traumatizing than Ron's one because his mother is a bitch.

Many nodded their heads in agreement with the disowned Black.

In her cozy dorm room where the soft glow of September 1st illuminated the space, (Name) found herself engrossed in unpacking with Lavender, and Parvati. [Hermione was downstairs waiting on the boys that had returned]

"So it's still the first night," Remus hummed, noting that his niece was not in the common room greeting her friends in the previous chapter.

As the quartet busied themselves, (Name) deftly retrieved her books from her bottomless bag, arranging them neatly on her shelf beside Hermione's neatly organized one. Among the familiar items, her gaze was drawn to two unfamiliar finds - a substantial tome labeled "Hogwarts Yearbook: 1942-1943"

Hagrid's eyes widened slightly at the book.

--and a metallic snake pendant that was at least three inches long.

Suddenly, everyone turned to the demiwitch in question for answers

"Those two things are not supposed to be in your bag, right?" Marlene pointed out. "I mean, previously you never had those things few chapters ago."

"Yup," (Name) nodded her head. "It was given by someone else who was helping me in this quest, but I'm not going to tell you just yet."

Many hummed and nodded their heads, understanding where the girl was saying.