Squidbeak Survival 15: Exploring Hurts

Xander: "Well I'm glad you asked~.......I don't really know how this works."

Zal: "So why bother buildin' it?"

Xander: "Desperation, basically. It has no power."

"So now what do we do?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the Squidbeak crowded around the contraption, several ideas were tossed around.

"So, what do we do with this thing?" Zal questioned the dead contraption "With no power, what do we do to get power?" "Maybe with something like lightning and thunder, could probably get a jump-start." Xander suggested. "Oh right, the chances of it raining and thundering again are random, since it rained a few days ago." Kimi replied. "Of course we would never know since we don't have anything that could tell weather....." Callie looked up at the blue sky, putting her right hand above her eyes to block out the sun. "Hmm....I'm thinking of something..." Marie stared at the contraption for a few seconds.

"What are you thinkin' bout, Marie?" ".........Nah, it wouldn't work anyway..." "No no, what was the idea? If you don't mind me asking."

Marie: " *Inhales* Okay, so hear me out. So we have the radio, right?"

Zal: "Yea."

Marie: "And Xander has that...thing? Correct?"

Xander: "Yea I don't have a name for that either, but yes."

Marie: "So maybe....with a bit more tweaking and something to give it a shock, it could be like..a transmitter to the radio."

Kimi: "Hmm...reckon I get what you're saying, Marie. But-"

Callie: "Hang on...now usually in movies, in order for a signal to send, we need to be in a tall, high place-"

Marie: "So it can properly send!"

Callie: "Yea!....but the treehouse isn't that tall..."

Marie: "And the only tall thing on this island is....."

Xander and Zal: "The Volcano!"

Kimi: "Err...the volcano..."

All five turned to look at the volcano that was on the island, meaning that they will have to climb the volcano and try to get a signal from the top. That made the five of them have a fearful look on their faces, as climbing a volcano.....wasn't on their bucket list.

Callie: ".....You know, on second thought, the treehouse could be tall enough..."

Kimi: "I hope so...."

Xander: "Nah, the treehouse is like...15 meters. That's a whole-ass volcano up there."

Marie: ".....And the only place tall enough to see."

Zal: "And on a third note, nice sight-seein'."

Marie: "And well...that's the plan. Just carry the radio and the communicator up at the top, do not toss them into the volcano, and try to send an SOS signal and pray that someone finds us."

Kimi: "That's a good idea, Marie. And since everything is set up, except for the lack of power the communicator has, this could lead to help."

Xander: "So where are we gonna get power?"

Marie: "Hell if I know. Haven't you and Bleu been here long enough?"

Xander: "Marie, if we had some electricity here, we would've used it to send help by now."