Chapter Fourteen

Kamari's POV

I woke up with a slight headache Grandma told me to drink some kind of tea she used to drink when she was hung over.

The shit was nasty, but it helped with the headache though so that's great.

"How are you feeling Kamari?" Grandma asked me.

"I feel good that tea was nasty but it did the trick," I told her. I walked over to the kitchen table and sat down.

Grandma walked over to me with two plates in her hand and placed one where I was sitting.

"Now what's going on Kamari it was after hours when you came here you were lucky that I was still up," She said while sitting down in front of me.

"Well long story short I caught Alejandro cheating on me with some whore sorry for that last word," I told her.

She just looked at me with a hurtful expression. "Baby I'm sorry to hear that I always suspected that he wasn't no good," she said.

"Yeah well you were right about that one," I said to her while eating my breakfast. "I just hope you're not going back to him please tell me you aren't," she asked.

"Because look baby if someone shows you their true colors believe them don't try to change them back to what they once were," Grandma said.

She was right because she would always tell us that growing up. "I'm not going back to him but he is supposed to be bringing me all my belongings today," I told her.

"Ok good but If he comes over here with that bullshit my shotgun is still where I left it," she said. "Grandma that gun is so old do they still make bullets for that thing" I said.

"Very funny Mari you just better listen to what I just said if you need it it's there," she said to me.

Once we were done with our breakfast grandma went upstairs to take her medication and I started to wash the dishes.

My phone made a ding noise signaling me that I got a message. I finished up the last dish and dried my hands to see who it was.

It was Devon asking me if I wanted to come to support him at the home game on Tuesday. Before I could respond to the text he FaceTimed me.

I pressed the green button and omg he had the phone propped up with no shirt on. His tattoos are very nice the body is giving as well.

"Hello, Kamari did you hear what I said," he asked me. "I'm sorry what did you say, Devon," I asked him.

"I said how are you doing today beautiful?" he asked. Not going to lie the way he said beautiful turned me on.

"I'm good Devon how about you?" I asked him. "I'm straight I just wanted to hear your voice," he said.

I started smiling hard as fuck why am I like this. "Oh ok then well to answer your question I will come out and support you on Tuesday," I told him.

"Alright cool my jersey number is 24 I would like to see you wearing something with the number 24 on it," he said while licking over his bottom lip.

Lord, why is this boy trying me right now? "Ok I got you Devon but hey my grandma calling for me so I'm going hit you back later on," I told him

"Alright I'll talk to you later beautiful," he said before hanging up. That damn beautiful word is gone get him fucked watch.

I walked upstairs to her bedroom to see what Grandma wanted. "Yes ma'am?" I asked her. "Did he call you yet about your belongings?" she asked

Shit, I was so wrapped up in talking to Devon I forgot that nigga was supposed to bring my shit. "No, he didn't come yet why what's wrong," I asked her.