Chapter 6

I grudgingly walk with them to my work.

"I'm so excited to see where you work y/n!" Uraraka warmly says as we walk to the train station.

"Don't get too excited. It's just a McDonald's."

"But it's the McDonald's you work at!" She emphasizes the 'you'. I can't help but smile at her. I'm not enthused about them accompanying me but she is really nice.

"Yeah, I'm curious to learn more about you y/n! We've been living in the same dorms for awhile now," Asui ribbits.

"I'm curious to learn more too," Todoroki states in the same monotone voice. The others don't bat an eye at this comment, but I do. I know this is a slight dig to when he questioned me and I told him 'I don't owe you an explanation'.

"We can also get some food while we're there!" Midoriya says enthusiastically.

We rode the train there and walked through the downtown chatting. I remain quieter because I haven't spent that much time with them.

Once we get to the McDonald's I clock in for my shift and change into the uniform. I walk up to the register and take the line of people's orders. Eventually Midoriya, Todoroki, Uraraka and Asui make it to the front of the line.

I put on my customer service smile, taking them off guard. I'm not a cheery type, "What can I get for you today?"

The group looks excitedly at me and places their orders.

They sit down after waiting for their food. After they finish their food they tell me they'll be touring around downtown and come back when my shift ends. I watch their backs as they leave.

A few more hours pass and my shift is over, the rest of my Saturday is free to do whatever. As promised the group showed up just in time to meet me once my shift ends. We begin to walk back together before Todoroki suggests, "We should hang out again."

This comment doesn't go unnoticed by the group.

"We should!" Uraraka exclaims.

"Totally!" Asui agrees.

"Yes, I liked hanging out with you guys."

The group they were being sly but they weren't. This is their indirect way of saying they liked hanging out with me. They hang out with each other all the time so saying this without me here wouldn't make sense. I look over to Todoroki from my peripheral. I just find it weird that he was the one who said it.

"Yeah, we should hang out again sometime."

We all ride back to UA on the train. Todoroki sits beside me. Uraraka, Asui and Midoriya sit on the opposing side. I would've been fine sitting in silence with Todoroki but he seems to have other plans.

"Don't think because we're hanging out that I don't still have my file on you," he says calculatingly, looking ahead.

"Don't think because we're hanging out that I'll spill all my secrets to you," I fiercely reply, looking ahead.

"So you admit to having secrets?" he challenges.

"What secrets?" I ask innocently. Just to piss him off a bit.

He grunts, "I'll figure out what you're hiding." Unknowingly flaring an invisible rivalry between us.

"Good luck with that."

———————

Today, Shinso talked to me again. Asked if I'd ever want to have lunch together.

Before class started he came up to my desk, "Hey y/n."

I couldn't hide the shock that covered my face. None of the people in this class ever talk to me, "Hey Shinso."