Chapter 14

The longer I sit in the bush waiting the more my anxiety ramps up. I don't know how long I've been sitting here for but it must have been thirty minutes. Adrenaline keeps feeding into my blood as I wait here like a sitting duck. Why didn't Hawks crawl through the window with me? What is his plan?

I continue to ponder. Going back and forth of who to trust and what's the best course of action. How I can protect myself.

It was weird how Shigaraki didn't try to follow me. Why didn't he?

He must be curious about me since I'm immune to his quirk. Given all his trauma with his quirk, it's inevitable he'd be curious. Could that be the reason he's hesitating with me so much? Would All For One predict this?

I begin to scratch my nail against my teeth.

Why did All For One want my blood? Why does he want to know about my world? No, that's not the real question. What does he benefit from kidnapping me?

Suddenly I hear a twig snap.

My whole body springs into a still position. Is that Hawks? Or is that someone else?

I attempt to gaze through the leaves once again but I can't find a figure in sight. The dark night disguises whoever it is.

Suddenly before me a firework goes off.

Is that a signal of some kind?

The firework ignites light into the darkness and I'm able to make out a figure in the corner of my eye. Toga.

Shit. She's got the most screws loose in her head.

I cover my mouth with my hand to make my breathing quieter. The light from the firework disappears back into the darkness.

"Hawks!" Toga exclaims. "Are you patrolling now too? I thought you started patrol at midnight?"

I hear the familiar sound of Hawks' voice, "It is midnight, Toga."

There's a silence. She must be checking the time.

I hear Toga's manic voice again, "Huh?! Would you look at that! I seemed to have lost track of time!"

"No worries," Hawks replies.

No more words are exchanged between the two of them. I wait for Hawks to call me out when it's safe but he doesn't. Instead one of his feathers float beside me in the bush. As if reminding me to wait.

I hear him walk past me.

Suddenly I see the forest before me burst into blue flames.

Dabi.

A tear escapes down my cheek at the scare.

It takes all my mental strength to remain hiding in the bush. I want to run. Every bone in my body is itching to run.

I begin to hear yelling and screaming. Is there a fight going on?

The light from the forest fire gives me more visual information on what's happening. I'm definitely not at the front of the building. I can see on the far corner of the wall quirks being used on each other. I see a green electricity grab onto a figure.

Midoriya.

I hear footsteps come from the opposite direction. I turn to see Dabi. He's using his quirk to light up the bushes that surround the building. Blue flames that will soon reach me.

Acting on instinct I jump out of the bush.

"There you are," Dabi stands about ten feet away from me. He smirks. "Glad you decided to come out when you did." A ring of fire surrounds me.