11.

The relentless rain bludgeons me as I sprint through the labyrinthine network of alleyways, my heart hammering in my chest in perfect sync with the frenzied pounding of my feet on the slick pavement. Seraphina's powerful darklight explosion had given me a temporary advantage, but my adrenaline-fueled mind refuses to slow down until the enraged screams of the pursuing mob have faded into the distant background.

I risk a glance over my shoulder, but blackness swallows the alley behind me. Rounding a corner, I nearly collide with a towering pile of refuse, the shock causing me to stumble. Garbage cans clatter as I regain my balance, the sound magnified tenfold in the confines of the narrow passage. I freeze, holding my breath as I listen for any sign that the mob has picked up my trail again.

Seconds stretch into an eternity before a shrill cackle pierces the silence in the distance. Too far to pinpoint the source, but close enough to chill my blood. They're hunting me like a rabid pack of hyenas, slobbering for a fresh kill. The thought propels me forward into a dead sprint once more.

Chest heaving, throat raw from gasping for air, I finally reach the Langston Warehouse. The once grand structure now stands dilapidated and abandoned, its towering silhouette looming against the backdrop of the raging storm like a condemned fortress. As I climb up the crumbling steps and force myself through the blackened maw of its ravaged entrance, a chill falls over me like a pall.

Unease settles over me, amplified by the already eerie atmosphere of this god-forsaken place. The cavernous interior is shrouded in inky blackness, the echoing patter of rainfall through rusted holes in the roof creating a disquieting ambiance. A crash of thunder booms overhead with enough force to rattle the ancient support beams, showering me with dust and pulverized concrete from above.

Tonight, something feels even more amiss than usual. A sense of foreboding hangs heavy in the air, as if there is an unseen presence lurking somewhere within these decaying walls, watching my every move with soulless hunger. The hairs on the back of my neck stand on end as a faint scratching sound echoes from somewhere in the shadows, like the scrabbling of insect legs across steel.

Thumbing the switch on my flashlight, the beam cuts a narrow swath through the gloom as I make my way towards the spot where Morrison had been killed. The air here is thick and oppressive, like a tangible presence that presses down on me, forcing shallow breaths into my straining lungs. A strange sense of familiarity washes over me, as if I've been here before in another life, another nightmare given sanguine form.

Kneeling down, I run my fingers over the damp concrete floor, tracing the outline of where Morrison's body had fallen. A trickle of dried blood catches my eye, leading to an even darker stain that's seeped into the cracks between the tiles like the gaping maw of some hellish creature.

As I follow the trail with the wavering beam of my light, a strange whispering fills my ears. It's almost like voices, multiple voices all speaking at once in hushed tones, just beyond the reach of comprehension. The indecipherable murmurings seem to slither from every shadow, surrounding me in a susurrant crescendo. My heart races as I realize that I'm not alone in this place, that I'm being watched by...something.

I stand up quickly, the beam of my light whipping back and forth as I scan my surroundings for any sign of movement. But there's nothing there—just empty crates, rusted machinery, and yawning pits of inky darkness in every direction.

As I take a step forward, the ghostly whispers intensify, their indistinct words now carrying a sense of scornful menace. My hands tremble as I turn in a slow circle, the feeble beam of my light revealing nothing but the harsh geometry of steel and concrete. Whatever entities have chosen to torment me remain concealed, their loathing given visceral presence in a pervasive psychic anguish that sets my teeth on edge.