ThirtyTwo

Gotta tug on yall heart strings real quick.

These last chapters will be about closing chapters, making amends, growth, love, happiness.

Chapter ThirtyTwoMya BrownFive Months Later

Chapter ThirtyTwo
Mya Brown
Five Months Later

For some reason, tonight I was restless. It was going on 4 in the morning and I've just been up finding any kind of work to do. After responding to emails and checking inventory, I decided to get up and organize my closet.

What's crazy is my body was tired but my mind would not let me sleep.

I was in the middle of bagging up things that I don't wear, when I made a mistake a knocked down a whole bunch of stuff making too much noise. I could hear Chris moving around, making me curse to myself.

"Mya, what the hell are you doing?" He asked, barely awake.

"Getting rid of a bunch of old stuff. Go back to bed baby."

"What time is it?"

"I'm not sure. 3, maybe 4."

"Come on, let's go to bed."

"I can't. I gotta organize this damn closet. It's so junky. I don't need half of this mess. So much stuff with price tags on it. What you think about another garage sale?"

"Can we discuss this in the morning? Come on, I know you're tired you got up at 6 yesterday morning."

"I'm not—."

"Don't make me toss you over my shoulder."

"Ugh, alright." I grabbed his hand and we started making our way to the bed, when my phone started ringing.

Chris looked at me confused. "Who the hell calling you this late?"

"I don't know." I walked over to my phone and seeing a dade county phone number made me even more confused. "Hello." I answered.

"Is this Mya Brown?"

"Um...who's calling?"

"My name is Leslie and I am your grandmother's care taker."

A year ago, we had to go against my Granme's wishes and hire a caretaker for her. She was 91 and now incapable of doing things on her own without hurting herself.

"Oh, yes. Hi, how are you?"

"I'm okay, unfortunately I'm calling because...Mrs. Brown your grandmother passed away an hour ago."

"What? No, no no no." No matter how old our parents or grandparents get we never want to imagine a life without them. My grandme was the strongest person that I've known. I wish I was as resilient as she was.

"I'm so sorry."

"I'll be in Miami tomorrow. Has the coroner picked her up yet?"

"No, but they'll be here shortly."