Chapter 7

Rose's pov:-

I reached home,
After Dan dropped me off. I walked inside carefully scanning the place,
My dad was no where to be seen.

I sighed in relief heading to my room just to find my dad there.

I was a bit surprised and scared.
What was my dad doing in my room???...

My dad had my cat in his hand.

I had one of those cats that didn't have fur, they need love too and they're adorable. His name was stink.

I was standing there waiting for my dad to start talking wondering whats gonna happen.

"I don't remember having him around" my dad spoke in a clearly drunk voice.

I've had my cat for 2 years now and of course my dad gave me his concent so I was kinda confused.
"Dad... What do you mean..? I've had this cat for a while now.. " I said
My dad glared "well he needs to go. " my dad said roughly with a cold tone

"What!!! Why?! What do you mean?!? " I said in a panicked voice

"I said he needs to go, I don't remember allowing you to have a cat" he glared

"But what's wrong with that?? I've gotten too attached to him you can't just take him away?! " I said back

"I can and I will. He'll be going tomorrow so say your goodbyes and if you say another word I'll take him away now" he said in an irritated voice.

I didn't know what to do, I looked at my cat with my eyes wide. Not believing what I'm hearing.

What's wrong with him??!
Why'd he suddenly want to take my cat away, is he too drunk or something??

My dad put my cat down and turned to me "and from now on no more animals in my house you hear me? " he said walking out of my room, he didn't close the door he just said
"Keep the door open. You're not allowed to close it" and he walked downstairs.

Ughhhh I hated how much power he had and I couldn't do anything about it!!

My dad was worse when I was a kid he used to hit me
.... A lot, but now not that much since I'm almost a grown up..

I looked back at my cat lifted it up and sat with it on my bed.
It was still dawning on me that I won't see my cat again.

And then the tears began flowing from my face as I sat on the bed with my cat in my arms just crying and sobbing.

My mom happened to pass by my room and spotted me.

My mom was the sweetest person alive which confused me on why she even married my dad.
"Sweetie what's wrong?!! " my mom said in a panicked voice rushing towards me.

I immediately threw my arms around her crying into her shoulder as she hugged me and rubbed my back for comfort "tell me what's wrong??. "

" dad said I can't have my cat any more" I said through sniffs

My mom looked confused kind of like the same look I had when I first heard this
"Whyy? "My mom asked

" I don't knowww.. " I said in a whiny voice.

My mom thought for a bit and said "I'll go talk to him don't worry, just leave the house and get some fresh air, clear your mind. " my mom said patting my back.

I didn't want to leave my cat alone but I knew my mom could handle it.

I thanked her and kissed her head. As I went to put on something to go out as she told me