Chapter 11: Monster

A/N: I split chapter 11 into two chapters for a smoother read

A/N: I split chapter 11 into two chapters for a smoother read. Enjoy! : )

Deep, long in darkness, he stood. Beyond the misty veil of tangible darkness, the world shifted around him. There was peace, yet silence, as Rhazien stared at his corpse before him, the shell of his former self. As Rhazien stood amidst the opaque darkness, he could sense a strange transformation around him. The mist moved and danced until it stood still in the flowing stream.

From the darkness stood another figure cloaked in shadows. Rhazien's heart raced as he peered through the thick veil of darkness, trying to make out the figure. The shadows surrounding the figure seemed to pulse with a spark of energy as if they were alive and breathing. Rhazien could feel the weight of the figure's gaze upon him, and he shuddered involuntarily.

Beyond the shadows that kissed his skin, the figure slowly emerged from the shadows, revealing a dark and imposing presence. Rhazien could sense a powerful aura emanating from the individual as if it were a force to be reckoned with. Its eyes glowed like sapphires, and its voice echoed through the darkness, deep and ominous. Rhazien felt a chill run down his spine as if he were in the presence of something beyond powerful. The figure stood in silence, observing Rhazien with intensity.

"What is this place?" Rhazien questions, calling out to the being. The closer it got, the more their form started to look human-like.

"Your cell," the voice whispers.

My cell? 

"Yes, your cell. . ." It answers Rhazien with a vague answer.

"Time is running out. . . It's a matter of time before the world crumbles. A new dawn is upon you, and a new death awaits you. Are you willing to sacrifice everything you knew for justice?"

The question swirled in Rhazien's mind briefly, but it felt like an eternity. He knew too well that every time he tried to seek justice for the weak, they became the lambs to the slaughter. It was a losing game, a cruel joke that the universe played on those who dared to care. The more he thought about it, the more anger was lit in his gut, consuming every inch of his being. He could feel his heart pounding against his chest as if it was trying to break free from the chains of injustice. Yet, he knew he had to keep his cool, for he was the only hope for the voiceless, the forgotten, and the oppressed.

"There's nothing I'd rather do than raise hell and hunt down those who dare to get in my way. If I must sacrifice every ounce of blood, bone, and strength to tear down their rein, so be it." Rhazien stared down the being before him.

"Good. . ." The voice murmurs before coming into the light.

Rhazien furrowed his brow in bewilderment as he gazed at the mysterious entity before him. It was as if he was staring into a mirror, examining the being who bore an astonishing resemblance to himself. The similarity was so striking that, for a fleeting moment, he felt as if he was looking at a clone of his reflection. The edges of the stranger's hair were adorned with delicate streaks of white, while their eyes were the vivid shade of sapphires, captivating and mysterious.