14

~Time Skip, 39 weeks pregnant~

"Marinette, do you need anything else?" Called Dick.

Marinette, with the help of Damian, sat down on the couch and got ready for the family movie night. "No, I'm fine!"

Damian sat beside Marinette and pulled her close to him. He was very protective of her at the moment seeing as at any given moment she could have the baby.

Marinette snuggled into Damian's chest and sighed in contentment. Damian kissed her forehead in response.

All of a sudden Titus trotted in and laid down right in front of Damian and Marinette. Titus has also grown very protective of Marinette during her pregnancy. He can somehow sense the new life and wants to make sure it stays safe.

"Okay, so we have the candy bowl, the chocolate bowl, and the popcorn bowl. We all are sharing so Jason don't eat everything." Dick said as he sat everything on the coffee table.

Jason who has just walked in with Tim looked at Dick completely offended. "Why the fuck are you calling me out! Call out Stephanie! She eats everything."

"Hey! You're the one who runs off with food as soon as you see something edible!" Stephanie argued.

Cassandra walked in and sighed at the scene and took the empty seat beside Marinette.

"Boys, please refrain from arguing on family night." Bruce rubbed his temples as he sat down.

Jason stuck his tongue out at Dick and then took the popcorn bowl.

Damian rolled his eyes, "Real mature, Todd."

As everyone found a seat, Dick stood with the movie picks.

"Ok so we have The Breakfast Club, X-Men, Bridge to Terabithia, or Footloose."

"Footloose." Jason said through a mouthful of popcorn.

"Swallow your food, Jason." Marinette sighed.

"Nobody wants to watch Kevin Bacon get it down on the dance floor." Tim pointed out.

"Okay and nobody wants to watch two kids go to imaginary la la land." Jason argued.

"Okayy... The Breakfast Club or X-Men."

"The Breakfast Club is boring let's watch X-Men." Everyone looked at Marinette weirdly.

"What?" She asked.

"We thought you'd be the one to pick The Breakfast Club." Stephanie said in shock.

"Well you thought wrong." Marinette shrugged.

Dick holds up X-Men like some type of trophy. "All in favor of watching X-Men say I."

"I." Everyone said in unison.

Dick sighed, "X-Men it is."

Everyone got comfortable as the movie started... all except for Marinette. As Marinette lays back into Damian's chest she feels a weird pressure on her stomach and lower back. She thought nothing of it though.

As the movie went on the pressure would stop and start over and over again. Only as time went on they started to hurt.

Damian could tell Marinette was uncomfortable but she wouldn't tell him why. It wasn't until the movie was almost over when Marinette figured out what was happening.

Marinette sat straight up as an overwhelming pain started in her abdomen. She grabbed Damian's hand tightly as her breathing sped up.

That put both Damian and Cassandra on high alert.

"Angel? What happened."

Cassandra starting getting the others attention.

Marinette squeezed Damian's hand. She was about to reply but instead of words a yelp made it's way out of her mouth as the pain increased. Her hand rested on her stomach as she tried to breathe.

Damian moved closer to her and started rubbing soothing circles on her back. "What's wrong, Habibti?"

"The baby...." She trailed off with a wince. She tried to control her breathing but she couldn't.

Good thing everyone understood at that movement.

Chaos broke out. Damian picked Marinette up easily and made his way with Alfred (how he got there? who knows) to a car. Dick and Stephanie rushed to get the hospital bag. All the others were either getting in another car or grabbing snacks for the wait (Jason).

All they could think was 'HOLY SHIT THE BABY IS COMING!'

The drive there was awful for Marinette. She was trying to breathe properly and failing. While on top of that she was getting more irritable and she didn't mean to keep snapping at Damian.

Damian understood she didn't really mean anything . He just decided to shut up and hold her close which she appreciated.

They made it to the hospital in record time because Alfred is just amazing (and magic). Everyone else arrived right after them.

Nothing could've prepared the people in the hospital for the chaos that the Waynes would bring.

~

A/N~ I'm gonna make you wait :) anyways it's now about March 18th.

Published~ April 27th, 2024

Words~ 771