Chapter 92: News

(GONZALEZ COOPERATION)

Yazmine eyes search for a figure at the restaurant. She spot Candy sitting alone with her system before her.

Yazmine closed the system and Candy gave her a questioning look.

"Don't over work yourself" She said.

"I'm trying to cover up for those that are absent"

"No, you're trying to distract yourself" Yazmine said. "What does the little one wants to eat?" She asked staring at Candy's stomach.

"You're going to expose me one day Yaz" Candy shook her head and they both chuckled.

"Did I miss something?" Jackie appeared in her suit looking hot, pretty and professional.

"Damn girl. I don't think the men at work would focus" Yazmine laughed but got interrupted by her phone ringing. It was a strange number.

"Hello?" She answered. After a while her eyes widened. "What?!"

Candy and Jackie exchanged look. Yazmine ended the call and look at them.

"Jameson, Aiden and Einstein are in prison" Yazmine broke the news not believing it herself. Candy and Jackie got shock.

"I have to go to them" Yazmine stood.

Candy made to speak but her phone rang too. It was Old Mavis. She didn't waste a moment before answering.

"Grandpa?" She called, her heart pounding hard. This is definitely not a good feeling.

After talking to him, she face Jackie and Yazmine.

"Old Mavis said I should come to the mansion immediately" Candy said.

"I and Jackie would check on the men. Head towards the mansion" Yazmine said and they all nodded.
___

A car halt before the Gonzalez mansion. Candy got down and walked fast towards it.

When she opened the door, her eyes met with and unwanted person...

Griffin..

Candy didn't want to believe he was standing right there smirking at her. Shouldn't this motherfucker be dead, chained or tortured?

She slowly step further and sight Venessa behind Griffin. Old Mavis held a worried look. Romeo was nowhere to be found.

"What are you doing here?" Candy asked Griffin, her expression cold and hard.

"What do you mean by that?" Griffin asked stepping closer. "This is my home. I was born here and was trained to rule here"

Candy remain on her place, even when the man had his body almost touching her.

"Where's Diego?" She asked the question that really bought her here.

"Your husband is dead" He announced. Silence hung in the air Instantly, one could hear a pin drop.

Candy chuckled shaking her head, her face turned cold again.

"Are you so good at cracking jokes?"

"Doesn't my presence here explained it all? Your husband is dead. I won Candy and I'm taking everything that is mine.."

Candy could feel her mind trembling with the thought. She won't fall for this. Diego promised he'll come back especially now that they are going to have a family of their own.

"You still don't believe me?" Griffin raised a brow. "Fine, there is a witness. Of course it's someone you know"

The entrance door open and a familiar figure was dragged in by two military men. He was covered with wound inflicted by the battled.

"Jameson?" Candy called, her heart breaking into piece. She ran towards him and observe his condition.

"W..what happened? W..why are you so hurt?" Candy asked, her voice trembling. She noticed how Jameson's teary eyes avoided her.

"Where's Diego?" She asked and Jameson shut his eyes. Tears rolling down his face.

"Candy I'm sorry" Jameson sniffed.

"About what?"

"I couldn't save him.." He chewed on his lower lips and finally made his gaze meet hers. He saw a woman who was about to get broken in a cruel way.

Candy stayed frozen.

"I saw the building blew up myself. I tried.. but.. fuck I'm so sorry"

Candy didn't let a tear out, instead her face remain unreadable.

"What about his body?" She asked. Her voice surprisingly calm.

"This should explain" Jameson said and slowly pulled out a bracelet.

The moment Candy's eyes laid on it, her whole world seems crumbled. This was the lucky bracelet she had given Diego before he left.

Her trembling hand reached for it. She bought it up to her face and slowly stepped back.. This supposed to return with him.. her husband supposed to be here.

"Enough with the crazy emotional scene. Take him back" Griffin ordered. His eyes met with Jameson who shot him a cold glare. Griffin smirked.

All these while, Old Mavis was in his seat dealing with the news he just heard. His dear grandson died? How is that possible?

Diego is a fighter, Griffin can't just win this way.

"You!" He suddenly stood and face Griffin. "How dare you kill your brother and still have such a face?! You should..." Old Mavis stopped trying to control his erratic breath. The news was too much.

"Try to relax old man. Don't worry, I have a surprise waiting for you tomorrow. Don't just interfere on whatever I do if you still wanna live"

Old Mavis shut his eyes tight, trying to endure the sting on his chest. His personal maid tried to calm him down.

Griffin return his gaze to Candy. She just stood, frozen. A smile appeared on his lips as he began to approach her.

"Well shortie. Since your husband is no more then you're not a Gonzalez.. only if, you get married to me" He said.

It was Venessa's turn to be shock. What in the world is he saying? Didn't he promise to make her his after their plan? Why is he choosing Candy?

When Griffin was close enough, he raised his hand to touch Candy's shoulder.

Candy's gaze darkened at his touch, she had never felt this much anger before.

Instinctively, she took Griffin's hand on her shoulder and with swift movement, she hit Griffin's face with her elbow, hard enough to make his nose and lips bleed.

She didn't stop there, she took the same hand and hang on her shoulder.

Maybe it's because of the anger surging into Candy's every cell or.. maybe Griffin had underestimated this innocent looking woman..

But.. Candy managed to swing Griffin down to the center glass table at the middle of the living room. The glass shattered as a loud clash rented to the huge room.

All eyes widened.. what the heck!

Even Old Mavis lips parted with disbelief. A loud cry of pain left Griffin's lips.

In the next moment, Griffin opened his eyes blurred by his own blood, Candy grabbed one of the glass piece with a long sharp edge..

And she was already bringing it down to Griffin's face with a loud cry...

"Dieee!!!!!"